ANSWERED: How to get Xfinity Accessibility Assistance?
If you have an issue not related to disability access services please Contact Us or try one of our other contact options .
What kinds of issues does the Comcast Accessibility Support Center for Customers with Disabilities handle?
The Comcast Accessibility Support Center for Customers with Disabilities can assist with:
- Turning Closed Captioning on or off
- Enabling video description on your Non-X1 TV Box.
- Using voice guidance: The talking guide feature on X1 or the talking menu on your Xfinity Home Touchscreen Controller.
- Requesting braille bills, channel lineups and Xfinity User Guides.
- Requesting a large button Xfinity remote control.
- Obtaining operator services and directory assistance exemptions for those with disabilities.
Contact the Accessibility Support Center for Customers with Disabilities
- Calling 855-270-0379
- Scheduling a call from an Accessibility Specialist
- Using our accessible chat service
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessibility Help Videos on Xfinity X1
- Press the A key on your Xfinity remote to get to the Help screen. The A key is a triangle shaped button just above the number 1 key.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate the X1 Help screen. The second row of items has several folders that contain help videos on different products or topics.
- Use the right arrow key to find the Accessibility folder at the end of the Help Videosrow. Press OK key at the center of the directional arrow pad to enter the Accessibilityfolder.
- Use the up and down arrow keys on your Xfinity remote to explore the Accessibility help video titles.
- Press OK to watch the video you’ve selected.
Finding the Accessibility Settings Menu on X1The easiest way to get to the Accessibility Settings menu is to press and hold the microphone button on your X1 Voice Remote and say "accessibility." The microphone button, which initiates voice control, is either located three rows up from the OK button and is shaped like a slightly indented rectangle, or is located five rows up from the bottom of your remote and is shaped like a circle, depending on your X1 Voice Remote model. Learn more about your X1 Voice Remote.
You can also press the B key on your X1 remote control to open the Accessibility Settings menu. The B button is shaped like a square on your remote.
Additionally, you can navigate to Accessibility Settings from the main menu.
- Press the xfinity button on your X1 remote control. The button is located five rows down from the top center of the remote. Then use the arrow keys to navigate to Settings, represented by the gear icon to the far right on the menu. Press OK.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate the Settings menu. Select Accessibility Settings and press OK on your remote.
Using the Accessibility Settings MenuIn the Accessibility Settings menu, you'll find options including:
- Closed Captioning: On/Off: Select this and press OK to turn Closed Captioning on or off.
- Closed Captioning Options: Includes font size, color and style, background color and opacity, and more. Select Closed Captioning Options and press OK to adjust these readability settings.
- Video Description: On/Off: Select this and press OK to turn Video Description on or off. With Video Description, you'll hear audio-narrated descriptions of key visual elements such as actions, facial expressions, costumes or scene changes on shows that have Video Description available.
- Voice Guidance: On/Off: Select this and press OK to turn the talking guide on or off. With Voice Guidance, you'll hear on-screen text and options spoken aloud to help you navigate through screens. You can also turn Voice Guidance on or off by pressing the Akey (the triangular button on your remote) twice at any time. Learn more about Voice Guidance for the X1 talking guide.
- Voice Guidance Options: Change how fast Voice Guidance speaks on-screen text and options.
- Enhanced Text Readability: Change the text size of the on-screen guide.
- Remote Shortcut: Choose what accessibility feature you want to turn on/off when you press the B key twice.
- X1 Tips and Tricks: Browse tips and tricks related to accessibility.
- Find Shows with Video Description: Browse a collection of described shows and movies.
To learn more about Xfinity Accessibility Assistace see the links below:
Accessibility Help Videos to Assist X1 Customers with Disabilities - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-accessibility-videos
Find the X1 Accessibility Settings Menu - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-accessibility-settings-menu
Comcast's Accessibility Support Center for Customers with Disabilities - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/accessibility-services
Braille, Large-Print and Screen Reader-Friendly Xfinity User Guides - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/braille-large-print-screen-reader-welcome-kits
How to Request a Braille or Large Print Bill from Comcast - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/braille-or-large-print-bill
What is the Xfinity Accessibility Assistance Large Button Remote? Overview and Programming Codes - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-Accessibility-Assistance-Large/ta-p/2991524
Xfinity Accessibility YouTube Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPI7EEXsDigarAVNKgRBpKKBcNebGuco
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.