Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Monday, August 14th, 2017 9:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: How to get Netflix on your Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex TV box?

If you’re eligible, you can view Netflix programming on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.

To find the Netflix app, just say “Netflix” into your Xfinity Voice Remote or click the Netflix tile in the apps menu.

Note: If you have X1 service and don’t see the tile, you don’t have a compatible X1 TV Box. See the Equipment Requirements section below for details.

Support

Netflix customer support is available 24/7 at 1-866-579-7172. You may also visit help.netflix.com, where Spanish language translation is available.

Equipment requirements

To access the Netflix app, you need an X1 TV Box (RNG150 devices are not eligible) or a streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service.

Note: If you have an RNG150 device and want to swap it for a Netflix-compatible TV Box, see our instructions on exchanging X1 TV Boxes.

Eligibility

To watch Netflix content on your Flex streaming TV Box or X1 TV Box, you’ll need the following:

• X1TV Box (RNG150 devices are not eligible) as part of your TV subscription, or a streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service.
  • Xfinity Internet (any level).
  • Netflix Subscription — If you have an existing Netflix subscription, you can log in to your Netflix account. If you don't have a Netflix subscription, you can sign up through your compatible X1 TV Box or Flex streaming TV Box.
    or
  • Subscribe to an Xfinity package that includes Netflix and have a compatible device.

Billing

• Through Comcast: If you sign up for Netflix via the app on your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming TV Box, the Netflix monthly charge will be added directly to your Comcast bill for your convenience. It’ll be reflected in the "Other Service Providers" section of your statement.
    Note: Any trial or promotional pricing will appear on your statement as a $0.00 charge. At the end of the trial or promotional period, the charge will reflect the price of your Netflix subscription.
  • Through Netflix: If you’d rather pay Netflix directly, you can sign up for the service at netflix.com. Then, log in to your Netflix account from the Netflix app on your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming TV Box.
  • Included in an Xfinity Package: Alternatively, in some areas, Netflix is also offered as part of Xfinity packages along with premium channels. You’ll see the charge reflected under the "Bundled Services" or "Xfinity Package" section of your monthly bill. To find out more, visit xfinity.com/learn/offers.

Accessing the Netflix App on Xfinity X1

After subscribing to a Netflix package, access the Netflix app on X1. Your steps to access it depend on whether or not you provided us a matching email:

IF YOU HAVEN’T PROVIDED US AN EMAIL ADDRESS THAT MATCHES YOUR CURRENT NETFLIX ACCOUNT

1. Select the Netflix app from the X1 apps menu.
  2. SelectGet started.

Getting started screen

3. Choose the email address that you want to link with your Netflix account.

Screen asking your email with start watching button or Use a different email button

IF YOU HAVE PROVIDED US WITH AN EMAIL THAT MATCHES YOUR CURRENT NETFLIX ACCOUNT

2. Select Get started.

Get started screen

3. Link your Netflix account to your Xfinity account by selecting Link this Netflix account (after which you'll be prompted to enter your Netflix password) or choose to link a different account.

Link this netflix account button and Link a different account button

4. If you choose to use a different email address or link a different account, you'll be prompted to enter it on screen.

Keyboard on screen to insert your email

5. Select Accept and start watching to confirm that you'll now be billed for Netflix by Comcast. You can now begin viewing content. If changes are needed, select Back.

Accept and start watching button and back button

IF YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY BILLED DIRECTLY BY NETFLIX AND HAD PREVIOUSLY USED THE NETFLIX APP ON X1

2. Select Get started.

Get started screen

3. Link your Netflix account to your Xfinity account by selecting Link this Netflix account or choose to link a different account.

Link this netflix account button and Link a different account button

4. Select Accept and start watching to confirm that you'll now be billed for Netflix by Comcast. You can now begin viewing content. If changes are needed, select Back.

Accept and start watching button and back button

Important notes:

• Once signed in, if you previously subscribed to a Netflix Premium plan, you'll be presented with the option to keep the existing plan and have an additional charge added to your Comcast bill or to See other plans (by default, the Xfinity package that includes Netflix comes with the Netflix Standard plan).

Yes start watching button and see other plans button

• If you've provided us with an email address that is currently tied to a Netflix DVD subscription, you'll be presented with an on-screen messaging indicating that a new Netflix streaming account must be created with a different email address than the one used for your Netflix DVD account.

Frequently Asked Questions

Note: These packages can only be purchased in select markets at this time; market availability will be expanded in the future.

How can I sign up for an Xfinity package with Netflix?
Xfinity packages with Netflix are only available in select markets at this time. To check availability, please visit xfinity.com.

How do I know if my Xfinity package includes Netflix?
If Netflix is included in your X1 package, it will be listed in the "Bundled Services" or the "Regular monthly charges" section of your bill.

I signed up for an Xfinity package that includes Netflix. How do I activate my Netflix account?
Launch the Netflix app on your X1 TV Box. Then, follow the prompts to either link your existing Netflix account to your Xfinity package or create a new Netflix account to be linked to your Xfinity package.

Note: If you link an existing Netflix account, your method of payment for that Netflix account will transition to Comcast and you'll no longer be charged a separate fee by Netflix.

How do I find the Netflix app on my X1 TV Box?
You can either say "Netflix" into the Xfinity Voice Remote or you can go directly to the Netflix app by clicking on the Netflix tile found in the X1 apps menu.

1. Press the Xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Scroll to and press Apps.
  3. Highlight the Netflix tile and press OK.

I signed up for an Xfinity package that includes Netflix but never accessed the Netflix app on my X1 TV Box. Can I still create a new Netflix account or transfer an existing one as part of my package?
Yes. However, you must open the Netflix app on your X1 TV Box to activate the Netflix service included in your Xfinity package.

If you don't open the app on your X1 TV Box, Netflix has no way of associating an account with your Xfinity package.

If you have an existing Netflix account and sign up for an Xfinity package with Netflix service, you'll continue to be charged separately for your Netflix account until you complete the activation process by using the Netflix app on your X1 TV Box.

How do I change my Netflix plan or account information?
You can change your Netflix plan at any time by signing in to netflix.com and visiting the Account page, then selecting Change Plan to view and select available plans.

You can also call Netflix customer service at 1-866-579-7172.

Notes:

• If you have an existing Netflix Premium plan, you can upgrade to Netflix Premium when first activating Netflix through the X1 app.
  • Otherwise, please contact us to have Netflix Premium added to your account.
  • If you upgrade to the Premium 4S plan, the new price will be reflected on your Xfinity bill.

I forgot my Netflix username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
If you have forgotten your username or password, go to netflix.com/loginhelp.

What will happen to my Netflix account if I cancel my Xfinity service or change my Xfinity package?
For more information, see how to disconnect or downgrade Xfinity service with Netflix.

What happens to my Netflix account if I move?
Your Netflix subscription relationship is with Netflix directly, even if you signed up through Xfinity X1. Because of this, a move will not impact your subscription unless you are billed by Comcast, in which case, you will need to update your method of payment for Netflix.

Note: You'll need to sign in to Netflix again once you activate the boxes at your new address. If you move and no longer have Xfinity services, you will no longer be billed by Comcast and must update your payment method for Netflix or risk losing your Netflix Service.

How do I cancel Netflix?
If you wish to no longer have Netflix included in your Xfinity package, please contact us. The Netflix cancellation will take effect immediately.

If you have a previous, valid method of payment (credit or debit card, for example) on file with Netflix, Netflix will charge your previous method of payment. Contact Netflix to cancel your Netflix account after changing your service package with Comcast.

I accidentally linked the wrong Netflix account to my Xfinity package. What should I do?
If you accidentally connect the wrong Netflix account to your Xfinity package, please sign out of the Netflix app on X1 and please contact us.

How does Netflix affect internet data usage?
Video in the Netflix app on Xfinity X1 is streamed over the internet. For this reason, usage of the Netflix app on X1 and all other programming and content from the internet on X1, as well as, the internet apps on X1 are subject to Xfinity Internet data usage policies.

Note: Customers who use Netflix on a Smart TV or other device or PC are also streaming over the internet and would be subject to Xfinity Internet data usage policies.

Learn more about Xfinity's data usage policies.

To determine what amount of usage you can expect for a given hour of streaming, Netflix provides estimates on its website. Netflix estimates about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video.

You can also read Netflix recommendations on how to control your Netflix data usage in this same Netflix help center article.

To see your current internet usage, by device, please sign in to xfinity.com to check the Xfinity Internet Data Usage Meter.

Are there any accessibility features?
Since this is a third party application, most of your accessibility user preferences on X1 and Flex will not be observed once you launch the app. However, you can enable the app’s own accessibility features, which will vary within the app.

How do I set up parental controls on Netflix on X1?
If you want to ensure that access to certain Netflix programs are restricted, you’ll need to set the parental controls on your Netflix account. You can control access to certain maturity levels of Netflix content for the Netflix app on X1 by going to netflix.com/youraccount.

If you would like to set up parental controls for your X1 box, see how to set up your locks PIN and turn parental controls on and off for X1.

How do I sign out of Netflix?

1. Access the Netflix app on X1.
  2. Push the left arrow on your remote to bring up the left-hand side menu.
  3. Use the down arrow to navigate to the bottom of the menu (where it says Notifications).
  4. Push the right arrow once and select Get Help.
  5. Use the down arrow to navigate to the bottom of the menu and select Sign Out.

Will my Netflix user settings carry over to X1 or Flex?
Yes. Existing Netflix customers who use their Netflix login information when logging in through the Netflix app on X1 or Flex will see their current Netflix settings.

What if Netflix freezes?
If the Netflix app freezes, press the A button on your remote control, scroll to the right and select Reset Netflix.

What if there’s an Xfinity service outage?
If your Xfinity TV service is out, you won’t be able to watch Netflix on your TV. If your Xfinity Internet is working, you’ll still be able to access it on your laptop or mobile device.

Note: If you access Netflix through a mobile device using the data provided by your mobile carrier instead of internet, you may incur data usage charges.

Can I watch Netflix in 4K Ultra HD (UHD) and 4K UHD/HDR (High Dynamic Range) on X1?
Yes, you can watch Netflix in 4K Ultra HD (UHD) and 4K UHD/HDR (High Dynamic Range) on Xfinity X1 as long as you have a 4K or 4K/HDR TV and/or AV receiver and/or Soundbar (HDMI port must be HDCP 2.2 compliant), a 4K-compatible TV Box and a subscription to the Netflix Premium Plan.

For details, see how to watch Netflix in 4K UHD/HDR on Xfinity X1.

Why is Netflix programming displaying in letterbox?
If you signed up for a Netflix standard definition (SD) package, the Netflix content will appear in SD in the letterbox format, even if you are an Xfinity HD customer. In order to get rid of the letterbox view, you must change your Netflix subscription to a package that includes HD.

Will the Xfinity Voice Remote work while in the Netflix app watching programming?
Some voice commands will work inside the Netflix app on Xfinity Flex and X1.

If I have DVR service, can I record a Netflix program?
No. DVR service is only available for live Xfinity TV programming.

Is the Netflix app on Xfinity Flex and X1 going to always be the most up-to-date version?
Yes. The Netflix app will not require any manual updates.

Why can’t I find The Office on Netflix?
On January 1, 2021, all episodes of The Office moved to NBC’s Peacock app.

Additional Resources:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-package-faqs
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/51791
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/downgrade-xfinity-service-impact-netflix-subscription
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-charge-on-comcast-bill

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-requirements

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-netflix-package

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here