ANSWERED: How to get iHeartRadio on Xfinity X1
The iHeartRadio app on X1 allows you to listen to music from your favorite artist radio or from more than 800 live radio stations over a range of genres, including Pop, Country, Hip-Hop, R&B, Alternative, Rock and more.
To use the iHeartRadio app on X1, you'll need:
- A compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 not supported)
- If you have an RNG150 device, and you try to click on the iHeartRadio app from the X1 Apps menu, you can follow the onscreen prompts to exchange your X1 TV Box for a compatible one.
- Xfinity Internet service (any level)
Access iHeartRadio on your X1 TV Box
There are a few different ways to access the iHeartRadio app on X1.
The easiest way to access iHeartRadio is by pressing and holding the Microphone button and saying "iHeartRadio" into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
Alternatively, you can find the iHeartRadio app by:
- Pressing the xfinity button on your Voice Remote.
- Selecting Apps.
- Navigating to iHeartRadio under Entertainment.
- Press the xfinity button on your Voice Remote.
- Select On Demand.
- Navigate to the Music menu at the top of your screen.
- Select a station in the iHeartRadio app to begin listening to iHeartRadio.
Sign up or Log in to iHeartRadio on X1
- Launch the iHeartRadio app on your X1 TV Box.
- Navigate to Settings at the top-right corner of the app.
- Select Sign Up or Log In from the list of options on the left.
- You will then be provided an Activation Code. To activate your account, visit iHeart.com/activate.
Use Your Xfinity Voice Remote to Play an Artist or Live Radio Station
You can easily play songs from your favorite artist or live radio station by adding "on iHeartRadio" to your Voice Remote voice commands. For example, you can say:
- "Listen to The Weeknd on iHeartRadio"
- "Z100 on iHeartRadio"
Favorite a Station
When logged into the iHeartRadio app, you can create a list of Favorite stations. Once a station is favorited, it will appear in the My Stations menu at the top of the iHeartRadio app.
- Launch the iHeartRadio app on your X1 TV Box.
- Log in to your iHeartRadio account.
- Select a station (follow the instructions below to Search for Stations).
- Press the down arrow.
- Navigate to the heart icon and press OK.
- This station can now be accessed in My Stations when you are logged in to your iHeartRadio account.
Search for Stations
You can search for your favorite stations or artists within the iHeartRadio app on X1:
- Launch the iHeartRadio app.
- Select Search at the top of the app.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to search for your favorite station or artist within the iHeartRadio app.
Set Parental Controls for iHeartRadio
The iHeartRadio app on X1 will be rated TV-MA - the highest parental control rating available. This will require users who have Parental Controls Locks set on their X1 device to enter a PIN anytime they try to launch the iHeartRadio app.
Note: Once the iHeartRadio app is launched, X1 device parental control settings will not guard against new content searches or playback within the iHeartRadio app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I sign in to the iHeartRadio app?
If you can’t sign in to the app after entering your username and password, go to iHeartRadio Help for help on how to recover your account. Afterwards, you’ll be able to sign in as normal.
Why can't I see iHeartRadio content on my X1 TV Box?
Make sure you have a supported X1 TV Box (RNG150 devices aren't supported) and Xfinity Internet service. If you’re enrolled in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan, you won’t be able to access iHeartRadio on your TV Box. You can still get iHeartRadio from any other supported device with Internet access. If you don’t have Xfinity Internet service and try to open the iHeartRadio app, a message appears, letting you know how you can get Xfinity Internet.
Why is the iHeartRadio app frozen?
Exit and reopen the app. If it's still frozen, try restarting your X1 TV Box. If it's still not fixed, please contact us or go to iHeartRadio Help.
Why are my iHeartRadio stations buffering?
Since iHeartRadio is an Internet application, the iHeartRadio app on X1 works just like iHeartRadio on your computer, which buffers video any time there’s slow Internet connection. If your stations are buffering, try restarting your X1 TV Box. If it's still buffering, please contact us or visit iHeartRadio Help.
Why am I having trouble using the iHeartRadio app?
Try exiting and reopening the app. If you're still having trouble, try restarting your X1 TV Box. If the problem isn’t fixed, please contact us, or visit iHeartRadio Help where you can find answers to questions about the iHeartRadio app and features, along with additional iHeartRadio customer support methods.
Can I sign in to multiple iHeartRadio accounts on a single X1 TV Box?
No, you can only sign in to one iHeartRadio account per X1 TV Box. However, you can sign in to different iHeartRadio accounts on different X1 TV Boxes.
How do I sign out of iHeartRadio on X1?
- Go to Settings.
- Select Logged in as…, then select Log Out.
- After logging out, you can still listen to music on iHeartRadio, but you won’t be able to see your favorite iHeartRadio stations until you sign in again.
Will streaming iHeartRadio on X1 Boxes count towards my monthly Internet data usage?
Yes. iHeartRadio is delivered over your Xfinity Internet service to your X1 TV Box and will be subject to the rules, terms and conditions that affect Xfinity Internet service, including any data usage plans that may apply.
Learn more about X1 Internet data usage and see frequently asked questions.
How do I go back to the X1 main menu once I'm in the iHeartRadio app on X1?
Press the Exit button on your remote to exit. You can also press Guide or the xfinity button on your remote.
What accessibility features are available with iHeartRadio?
Since iHeartRadio is a third-party app, your X1 accessibility settings won't affect the iHeartRadio app.
Does it cost anything to use iHeartRadio on X1?
Aside from your regular Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet charges, there are no additional charges for using the iHeartRadio app through X1.
Go to iHeartRadio Help for information on iHeartRadio accounts, billing, offers, app features and more.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.