XfinityJessie's profile

Administrator

• 

4.7K Messages

Tue, Apr 14, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: How to get Hulu on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex

hulu-coming-to-x1-hero.jpg

The Hulu app is available to all Xfinity Flex and eligible Xfinity X1 customers!

Hulu is a popular subscription over-the-top (OTT) video service for streaming TV shows and movies from many broadcast and cable networks and studios.

Hulu gives you access to shows from ABC, NBC, FOX, A&E and many more networks, plus exclusive Hulu Originals like The Handmaids Tale, Ramy, Little Fires Everywhere, Marvel’s Runaways and Dollface.

To access the Hulu app, you’ll need:

• A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service, or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 aren’t compatible) with Xfinity TV service.
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • A subscription to one of Hulu’s plans.

If you need troubleshooting help for the Hulu app or have questions about pricing, see our Hulu App FAQs.

Get to the Hulu App on X1 or Flex

You can get to the Hulu app in a few ways.

The X1 screen with the Hulu tile highlighted is displayed.

To find Hulu in the X1 and Flex Apps menus, you can:

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Go to Hulu.
You’ll also see Hulu TV shows and movies in your search results if you’re browsing on X1 or Flex.

Launch the Hulu App

Once you’ve chosen Hulu from the X1 or Flex Apps menu or said “Hulu” into your Voice Remote, the app will launch.
Hulu welcome screen.

1. Choose Log into use your existing Hulu login information to sign into the Hulu app on Flex or X1. You can also select Start Your Free Trial on your TV Box/streaming TV Box to sign up for new Hulu subscription.
  2. If you chose Log in, select either Activate on a computer to use your computer to log into Hulu or Log in on this device to complete the process on your TV.
    Activate on a computer and log in on this device options on bottom left.
    • To activate on a computer, go tohulu.com/activate and, when prompted, enter the code that appears on your TV.
      Activate on a computer screen with code on bottom left.
    • To activate on a TV (by selecting Log in on this device), you’ll be asked to enter your Hulu credentials.
      • Select the Show option if you’d like to view the password as it’s entered.
      • Note: Forgot your Hulu username or password? Go tohulu.com. Click Log in, then click Forgot your email and password?

The Hulu login screen is displayed.

3. You’ll have the option to select an existing email or enter a new one. Then, enter your Hulu password.

Option to sign up with an existing email or a new email.

Email confirmation screen

4. You’ll be asked to choose a user profile to start watching Hulu. Once you pick one, you’ll go to the Hulu home screen.

Hulu Home Screen and Playing a Show

Once you’ve signed into Hulu, choose Hulu from the X1 or Flex Apps menu or say “Hulu” into your Voice Remote to be taken to the Hulu home screen.
Hulu TV show screen with different watch options on the top navigation bar.
From the top navigation bar, you can select Hulu Picks, Unwatched in My Stuff, TV, Movies and more.

After selecting a show or movie, you'll see a description of the program and the Start Watching button. For saving and keeping track of your favorite shows and movies within the Hulu app, add them to your favorites list by clicking + My Stuff.
Hulu TV episode screen with Start watching and My Stuff options on the bottom left.

Go Directly to a Hulu Movie or Series From X1 or Flex

In the X1 or Flex menu, after selecting a movie or show, you can be taken directly to the program without going through the Hulu home screen.

CHOOSING A MOVIE

If you’re signed into the Hulu app and you pick a movie on X1 or Flex that is available on Hulu, select thePlay On Hulubutton. The app will launch and begin playing the movie.
X1 movie option with Play on Hulu button on the bottom left.

Press the Exit button on your remote to leave the movie and go back to the X1 or Flex menu.

SIGN IN FROM THE X1 OR FLEX EPISODE GUIDE (OR MOVIE)

If you open the episode guide on X1 or Flex for a series available on Hulu, you can chooseSign-In/Sign-Upto launch the app.
X1 TV episodes screen with Sign In/Sign Up option on the bottom left.

Follow the process for signing in from the Log In to Hulu on a Computer or a TV section.

Watch Live TV (Must Have or Sign Up for Hulu + Live TV Subscription)

Flex and Choice TV are able to access their Hulu + Live TV subscription from the Hulu app. Once you’ve signed up for Hulu + Live TVor signed into Hulu, selectLivefrom the top navigation bar in the Hulu app.

On the Hulu homescreen, Live is shown as the second tab from the left on the top of the screen.

You can sign up for a Hulu subscription directly from Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1!

Hulu is a popular subscription Over-The-Top (OTT) video service for streaming TV shows and movies from many broadcast and cable networks and studios.

Existing Hulu subscribers should choose Log in after launching the app. Further instructions can be found on our Hulu app overview. Also see our Hulu app frequently asked questions if you have questions about pricing or any issues with the app.

1. Launch the Hulu app from the Apps menu in Flex or X1, or by saying “Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
    Hulu tile chosen on the Apps screen

Hulu tile chosen on the Apps screen

2. A Hulu screen will appear while the app loads.
    Hulu screen

3. You’ll see buttons to Log In or Start Your Free Trial. Choose Start Your Free Trial to view the available subscription plans.
    Hulu start screen with options to choose Start Your Free Trial on left and Log In on right

4. Two subscription plans are available through the Hulu app on X1 - Hulu's ad-supported plan or Hulu (No Ads). If you have X1, you won’t see the Hulu + Live TV option.
    On X1, you can choose between Hulu and Hulu (no ads) before clicking Continue at the bottom of the screen.

Three subscription plans are available through the Hulu app on Flex - Hulu's ad-supported plan, Hulu (No Ads) or Hulu + Live TV. You don’t need an existing Hulu + Live TV subscription to subscribe through Xfinity.
    On Flex, you can choose between three options, with included features listed for each.

If you have Flex and chose the Hulu + Live subscription, you’ll be asked to go to hulu.com/start/flex on your mobile device or computer, then enter the code that shows on your TV screen.

Note that you’ll be billed by Hulu, not Xfinity, when you sign up for this plan.
  5. Choose Continue once you choose the plan you want, then you’ll be asked to create your account.
    Create your account screen with requests of Email, Password, Name, Birthdate and Gender. Continue button on bottom.

Select Email and you’ll have the option to sign up with an existing email or enter a new one.
    Screen with Sign up with an existing email or enter a new one.

Email confirmation screen

6. Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be shown the details of the plan you picked, and you can choose Subscribe or Cancel.
  7. You’ll need to enter your Purchase PIN if you have one. Then you’ll receive confirmation that you’ve successfully signed up for Hulu. You’ll see the date your free trial will and the monthly subscription price you’ll pay.
  8. You can now begin enjoying your Hulu subscription and can customize your plan by following the onscreen prompts.
    You're all set screen with options to customize or start watching

1. Choose a movie or TV episode from the Flex Episode Guide. Choose Watch Options.
    Xfinity Flex screen with Watch Options button on left

2. Select Hulu Sign-In/Sign-Up.
    Options to watch movie with Hulu option highlighed with Sign-In/Sign-Up

3. Follow the same steps outlined in Sign Up for the Hulu App.

Manage Your Hulu Subscription on Xfinity

You can manage your Hulu subscription plan (if it’s billed by Xfinity) right through your TV Box/streaming TV Box! This includes checking your Hulu plan status and canceling your subscription.

You can also upgrade your current subscription from Hulu’s ad-supported plan to Hulu (No Ads), or downgrade from Hulu (No Ads) to Hulu’s ad-supported plan, as well as reactivate your Hulu subscription by resubscribing from your TV Box/streaming TV Box.

For questions about pricing, see our Hulu app FAQs.

Check the Status of Your Hulu Subscription

After starting your Hulu subscription (if it’s billed by Xfinity), you can check the details of your subscription from the Apps & Subscription Management menu in Settings on your Xfinity X1 TV Box or Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box.

Once you’re signed up for Hulu, go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex or X1 Settings. You can also say “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
Settings menu with Apps & Subscriptions highlighted, second option

If you’re billed by Xfinity for your Hulu subscription, the details of your Hulu plan will appear on the left-hand side of the screen, including the date your free trial ends (if applicable) and the monthly price of your Hulu plan.
The Hulu plan details are displayed on the left side of the screen.

• To unsubscribe from your Hulu subscription plan, follow the steps in the Cancel Your Hulu Subscription section below.

Upgrade or Downgrade Your Hulu Subscription

If you subscribed to a Hulu plan through Xfinity, you can upgrade or downgrade that plan from the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex or X1Settings. You can also say “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
Settings screen on X1 with Apps & Subscriptions selected

Once you’re logged into the Hulu app, go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu.

The details of your current Hulu subscription will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. Press the down arrow to get to Manage Subscription, then press OK.
The Hulu subscription page is displayed with the Manage Subscription button selected.

The available plan will appear. Press OK on your remote to select the plan.
The available Hulu plan is displayed.

Choose Submit Order to complete the change or Back to go back to the options page.
The Review & Submit screen is displayed with the options to select Back or Submit Order.

When you submit the change, you’ll see a Thank You message confirming that the new subscription is active.

Your new subscription details will be displayed on the left-hand side of the screen when you’re taken back to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu.
The Apps & Subscriptions page is displayed with the Manage Subscription button selected.

Note: When upgrading your subscription to Hulu (No Ads), you will be charged a prorated amount on your Xfinity account immediately, while downgrading to Hulu’s ad-supported plan will appear in your next Hulu billing cycle.

Cancel Your Hulu Subscription

If you subscribed to a Hulu plan through Xfinity, you can cancel that plan from the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex or X1 Settings. You can also say “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
Settings menu with Apps & Subscriptions highlighted, second option

Your current Hulu subscription details will display on the left-hand side of the screen. Press the down arrow to get to Unsubscribe, then press OK.
The Apps & Subscription page is displayed, and the unsubscribe button appears below the Manage Subscription button.

You’ll be asked to confirm that you’d like to unsubscribe from Hulu. Choose Confirm to unsubscribe or Back to go back to the previous menu.
The Confirm Unsubscribe window is displayed with the options to select Back or Confirm.

The next screen will confirm you’ve unsubscribed. You can continue watching Hulu until the end of your current Hulu billing cycle, after which you'll be notified that your subscription has ended.

When you go back to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu, you’ll see your current subscription plan and the cancellation date on the left-hand side.

Change Your Pending Cancellation to Hulu

If you subscribed to your Hulu plan through Xfinity and chose to cancel your subscription, you can still Resubscribe if your Hulu subscription hasn’t yet canceled.

Go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex or X1 Settings. You can also say "Manage Hulu" into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
Settings screen on X1 with Apps & Subscriptions selected

You’ll see the option to Resubscribe. Press OK once you’ve selected it. Resubscribe only shows up as an option if your Hulu subscription hasn’t yet canceled.
The Apps & Subscriptions page is displayed with the option to Resubscribe below Launch Hulu.

You'll be asked to confirm your choice by choosing Confirm.
The Confirm Resubscribe window is displayed with the options to select Back or Confirm.

The next screen will confirm you’ve renewed your subscription.
The Thank you window is displayed, which confirms the subscription.

When you go back to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu, you’ll see your current subscription plan and the renew date on the left-hand side.

Frequently Asked Questions

I want to subscribe to Hulu + Live TV for the first time. Can I do that through Xfinity?
Yes, you can subscribe to Hulu + Live TV through Xfinity whether or not you have an existing Hulu subscription, but only if you have Xfinity Flex . Note that you’ll be billed by Hulu for this plan.

This option isn’t available on Xfinity X1.

How do I cancel my Hulu subscription?
If your Hulu subscription appears on your Xfinity bill, go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box or Xfinity X1 TV Box. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex Settings. You can also find it by saying “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote. Once there, select Unsubscribe and follow the onscreen prompts. If you have issues accessing this menu, please contact us.

If your Hulu subscription isn’t billed by Xfinity, please visithulu.com/account.

How do I view the status of my Hulu subscription?
If your Hulu subscription appears on your Xfinity bill, go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box or Xfinity X1 TV Box. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex Settings. You can also find it by saying “Manage Hulu” into your Voice Remote. Once there, you can find the details of your Hulu plan on the left-hand side of the menu. If you have issues accessing this menu, please contact us.

If your Hulu subscription isn’t billed by Xfinity, visit hulu.com/account to view your subscription details.

How do I upgrade or downgrade my Hulu subscription?
If your Hulu subscription appears on your Xfinity bill, go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box or Xfinity X1 TV Box. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex Settings. You can also find it by saying "Manage Hulu" into your Xfinity Voice Remote. Once there, select Manage Subscription and follow the onscreen prompts. If you have issues accessing this menu, please contact us.

If your Hulu subscription isn’t billed by Xfinity, please visithulu.com/account.

If I cancelled my Hulu subscription, how long do I have to resubscribe?
If you subscribed to your Hulu plan through Xfinity and chose to cancel your subscription, you can still Resubscribe if your Hulu subscription hasn’t yet canceled. Go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu on your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box or Xfinity X1 TV Box. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex Settings. You can also find it by saying “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote. Once there, select Resubscribe and follow the onscreen prompts. If you have issues accessing this menu, please contact us.

What will happen to my Hulu account if I cancel my Xfinity service or change my Xfinity package?

• If you downgrade or change your Xfinity service by removing Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex, you’ll no longer be able to access Hulu through your X1 TV Box or Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box. You’ll only be able to watch Hulu through your computer, mobile device, or another Internet-connected device.
  • Note: Xfinity customers with a Hulu subscription billed by Xfinity and who no longer have access to an X1 TV Box or Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box can cancel their Hulu subscription billed by Xfinity by contacting us. However, we can’t upgrade or downgrade your Hulu subscription. If you wish to do so, cancel your Hulu subscription and once access to your Hulu subscription is over, sign up for the other Hulu subscription tier from hulu.com.
  • If you disconnect Xfinity Internet, you’ll need Internet access through another Internet service provider or wireless Internet service provider to access Hulu through an Internet-connected device.
  • If you remain subscribed to at least one Xfinity service and continue to receive a billing statement from us, you’ll continue to be billed for Hulu on your Comcast bill.
  • If you disconnect all your Xfinity services and don’t update your payment method with Hulu, you’ll eventually lose access to Hulu. You should change your method of payment with Hulu in order to keep Hulu, which you can do at any time at hulu.com.

I signed up for Hulu through Flex or X1, but I forgot my username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please see I can't log in to Hulu on Hulu's Help Center for more information on resetting your password and recovering your email address.

Why can't I access the Hulu app on my X1 TV Box?
If you don’t see Hulu content on your TV Box, please verify that you:

• Have a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 devices aren’t supported).
  • Have Xfinity Internet services (any level).

I don’t have Xfinity TV but I have Xfinity Internet. Can I access the Hulu app?
Yes, but only if you have an Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box, too. Customers can access Hulu on a variety of non-Xfinity devices as well. Information on supported devices is available at hulu.com.

How do I manage my Hulu subscription?
You can see and cancel your Hulu subscription right from your TV Box right from your TV if you signed up for Hulu through Xfinity and have a compatible X1 TV Box or Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box.

You can also upgrade and downgrade your Hulu subscription from your TV Box/streaming TV Box.

Do I need to register or sign in to use Hulu?
Yes, you can use your existing Hulu credentials to sign in to the Hulu app on Flex or X1. Select Log in once you launch the Hulu app on your TV Box/streaming TV Box.

If you already have a Hulu account, see the Hulu App on Flex and X1.

To start a new Hulu subscription, you can sign up directly from the Hulu app on Flex or X1.

What are my Hulu subscription options?
You can subscribe to one of two different Hulu plans, from the Hulu app on X1 and Flex: Hulu’s ad-supported plan or Hulu (no ads), to gain access to Hulu’s on-demand streaming library.

If you already subscribe or want to subscribe to Hulu + Live TV, which includes Hulu’s entire streaming library and 75+ live channels, you can sign up and watch on Flex. Hulu + Live TV customers will be billed directly by Hulu. You can’t watch Hulu + Live TV or subscribe to Hulu + Live TV on X1 yet.

Can I access Hulu + Live TV on X1 or Flex?
Only on Xfinity Flex. You can sign up for Hulu + Live TV or access your existing Hulu + Live TV subscription on Xfinity Flex or Choice TV.

Hulu + Live TV isn’t available on X1. If you purchased Hulu + Live TV directly from Hulu, you can watch Hulu’s Video On Demand library but not Live TV or your Hulu DVR recordings through the Hulu app on X1.

I forgot my Hulu username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please visit Hulu’s Help Center or call Hulu Customer Service at 1 (888) 265-6650 to recover your Hulu username or reset your password.

Note: When logging in on X1 or Flex, select the Show option if you’d like to view the password as it’s entered.

Is Hulu in HD?
Yes, select titles in Hulu’s library content are available to stream at 1080p or 720p.

Is Hulu in 4K?
No, Hulu’s 4K library is not available on X1 and Flex currently.

Does watching Hulu count against my monthly Internet data usage?
Yes, Hulu content is streamed from the Internet, and will count against your monthly data usage.

How do I cancel my Hulu subscription billed by Xfinity?
If you signed up for a Hulu subscription through X1 or Flex, you can cancel it through theApps & Subscriptions Management menu in X1 or Flex. To get there, visitApps & Subscriptionsunder theSettingsmenu of X1 or Flex. You can also say “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.

What will happen to my Hulu account if I cancel my Xfinity service or change my Xfinity package?

• If you downgrade or change your Xfinity service by removing Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex, you’ll no longer be able to access Hulu through your X1 TV Box or Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box. You’ll only be able to watch Hulu through your computer, your mobile device or another Internet-connected device.
  • Note:Xfinity customers with a Hulu subscription billed by Xfinity and who no longer have access to an X1 TV Box or Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box can cancel their Hulu subscription by contacting us. However, we can’t upgrade or downgrade your Hulu subscription. If you wish to do so, cancel your Hulu subscription and once access to your Hulu subscription is over, sign up for the other Hulu subscription tier fromhulu.com.
  • If you disconnect Xfinity Internet, you’ll need Internet access through another Internet service provider or wireless Internet service provider to access Hulu through an Internet-connected device.
  • If you remain subscribed to at least one Xfinity service and continue to receive a billing statement from Comcast, you’ll continue to be billed for Hulu on your Comcast bill.
  • If you disconnect all your Xfinity services and don’t update your payment method with Hulu, you’ll eventually lose access to Hulu. You should change your method of payment with Hulu in order to keep Hulu, which you can do at any time athulu.com.

How do I block access to Hulu on Flex or X1?
There are two ways you can set parental controls for the Hulu app:

• Lock TV-MA content underSettings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN is required before you can access the app.
  • You can block access to the Hulu app using anApplication Lock.

Are there any accessibility features?
Since this is a third party application, most of your accessibility user preferences on X1 and Flex will not be observed once you launch the app. However, you can enable the app’s own accessibility features, which will vary within the app.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here