Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

66 Messages

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: Changing the Descriptive Audio default language on Xfinity XR2 Remote

***Created by our Community***

I have had the RNG 150N cable box and the Xfinity XR2 remote. For only a short period of time, and I thought the box had a mind of its own, as several times, it had changed to Espanol, with the Video Descriptive Service mode being activated, [seemingly] without doing anything at all on my end.

By random chance, I had read, in a different forum, that the "D" button on the XR2 remote control for the RNG 150N cable box changes the Default Audio Track (so you don't have to press the red Xfinity Menu button to access the Main Menu).

It seems that since the "D" button is placed closely above the number "3" button, it is relatively easy to inadvertently/accidentally press that when pressing the number "3" button and hence the box would appear to be changing the Default Audio Track and activating the Video Descriptive Service mode.

Of course, simply pressing the "D" button again turns off the Descriptive Video Service mode and returns the Default Audio Track to English. Smiley Happy

Case of the RNG 150N and XR2 Remotes with a mind of its own SOLVED! Smiley Happy
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here