K

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023 8:31 AM

Closed

Xfinity assistant/chat DOES NOT work

I've tried everything I can think of & tried everything I've seen recommended. No matter what I've tried or done, my chat/assistant WILL NOT work. I've tried different browsers, different devices, all the xfinity apps, I've cleared the cache, I've Un-installed & reinstalled everything. 

It seems as though I'm not the only customer dealing with this either... this has been an issue (at least for me personally) for FAR too long!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @KandyKizzes94! Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with our Xfinity Assistance chat. This is not how we would like you to feel, and I'd like to help with any concerns. What issues are you experiencing? What do you need assistance with? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Hi, so the original message in this thread was back in February and the chat function still does not work on the app or on the website!!! I have done everything possible to get it to work and it still does not come up!!! It's the end of April!!! Now, I have been having issues with this for a very very long time! I have called and spoken to people and all anyone ever tells me is that they are having problems that day!! It used to work before you guys came out with this new app!! By the way, I like the functionality of the old app so much better then your new one! 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@Kiwi4041 Thank you for reaching back out and updating us on the Xfinity Assistant option. What exactly happens? Does it no load or does it provide a specific error message? Are you signed in with the primary Xfinity ID or is it a secondary user?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

It never loads. It just goes to a blank screen all the time. It does not ever give me an error and yes I am signed in with a primary xfinity ID.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Thanks for this information, can you tell me if you ar using a laptop/desktop for the app or are you using your cell phone? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I'm using My cell phone. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Have you tried removing the app and adding it back to your device? Do you have the same issue on any other equipment? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Just switched to the new xfinity app and found out the assistant is not working.   Keep getting "This message didnt send.Try again".    I was looking for my data usage and have to use my PC to sent  message to the live agent for help.  The solution is dont use the app according to the live agent.. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah.. 

I wish I can to go back to the old app so I have put this into my xmas wish list of 2023.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the app. I am a customer myself and luckily have not had that issue with the app that you have described. What troubleshooting have you completed? Have you made sure your phone is up to date? Have you cleared cookies and cache? Removed the app and redownload?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same problem here. In the app chat leads to blank screen. Via a browser, "Page isn't working".

Ironically I turned to chat because it's the only avenue xfinity offers for complaints. 

I pay $263/month and the internet and cable performance is horrible. And so is the SUPPORT.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Hello,

I had the same issue on my Samsung S22 Ultra. The chat within the app would show 3 dots as if its loading and then just showed a blank screen. After trying numerous solutions, I was able to find one that worked for me.

The issue was the Samsung Internet being set as the default browser on my phone. Somehow Samsung Internet app is not compatible with Xfinity features (at least with chat & appointment details). The solution is to set the default browser as Chrome. And just to be safe, I also deleted the Xfinity app cache. After doing that, the chat opened properly. Hope this helps. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here