hoffmancr's profile

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2023 12:19 AM

Closed

Why can't I change my plan online? I AM NOT IN A CONTRACT

My contract expired and I have already paid for one month of service out of plan and the next bill is coming 12/16. I have been trying to review plans, but I get the below message every time. I saw where someone said you can't make changes if you are in a CONTRACT but as I said I am NOT in a CONTRACT; my CONTRACT ended and I saw an increase of approx. $50 per month, so I want out of my current plan/line-up. 

I do not want to spend time talking with an agent who doesn't speak good English and have them make changes to my account that were not agreed to like the last two times my contract ran out.  I want to take my time and study the plans on my own before making a choice.

Why am I not allowed to see the plans? If I cannot view plans on my own then decide, then I'll be forced to leave Triple Play and sign up for internet only. I feel like this is a very shady practice on the part of Xfinity and I have to believe there are consumer protections against not providing customers with published plan options. Under the circumstances, I'd be happy to file that formal complaint.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

11 months ago

Good evening @hoffmancr, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues trying to review plans, and appreciate you providing that screenshot so we are able to see what you're seeing on your end. As someone who works hard to budget I understand wanting to get a better rate since your bill has gone up $50 since your contract expired. Rest assured, you've reached the right team to help. Our team will be happy to review promotions in your area to help get your bill down. If we find a plan that you like, we are required to send it via text or email for you to review and approve in order for any changes to be applied so you don't have to worry about changes being made that you didn't agree to. 

To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA​ I'm still not understanding why I can't see all the plans at a glance and compare. I feel like Xfinity is not engaging in a fair business practice.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I completely understand wanting to review the plans online @hoffmancr. To confirm, are you logged in to your online account when browsing plans? May I also ask if you have tried a different web browser? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Yes, I am logged into my account. Then I click Change Plan at the top which offers multiple options:

1. New Deals (see offers) 

2. Customize Your Plan which has links to Manage TV Plan, Manage Premium Channels, Manage TV Equipment and Upgrade Speed of Internet. 

Every single option outlined above results in the message below.  I have gone through this process in Edge and Google Chrome with the same results.

Official Employee

• 

780 Messages

@hoffmancr We can certainly look for package options for you. I am sorry the website is not working properly. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Never mind, I'll have my husband call tomorrow and switch our plan to internet only. If I can't see to compare our options, then there are effectively no options. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here