ggeinec's profile

Contributor

• 

214 Messages

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2024 12:17 PM

What is MY SKY in allow access request in Xfinity app when signing in?

When signing in the Xfinity app now sends a message 'MY SKY is asking for access' (or words to that effect), shows my sign in name, my browser, and the IP address and gives me the option to Allow or Deny access. This is new behavior for me. What is MY SKY? And is this legitimate?

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 day ago

ggeinec, Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. I can certainly understand how concerning it is whenever seeing new behavior from an unfamiliar resource. You've come to the right place. Over social media, we are a dedicated team of experts who specialize in resolving access concerns such as this. We can help. I have researched My Sky on my end and signed in to the XFINITY app. I did not see anything in our database and did not receive a message when singing in so I recommend contacting our Customer Security Assurance team. Our awesome Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team makes sure you have a safe online experience! These security professionals handle issues like phishing, spam, infected computers (often called bots), online fraud, and other security issues. Their hours of operation are 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM ET/Seven days a week at 1-888-565-4329. How does this sound?

1 Message

What's up with this My Sky when logging in my email?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there, @user_jrmsmf I definitely understand your concerns regarding your email. How are you logging into your email, is it through a 3rd party client?-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 hours ago

Ive Read the comments and No I use the same way to log onto my comcast and its the  2nd Verification to that will allow you into your comcast account then 45 sec or so late the MY SKY is asking for access' ? I just demy it but why

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 hours ago

I have the same problem, security concern. 

We use the Xfinity app to do 2-factor (2FA) login authentication.

Now when we get prompted for 2FA a box shows up with 'Xfinity' in the upper left corner and then the verbiage includes 'My Sky' in the approve box. 

What the heck is "My Sky"?

I find nothing about it anywhere in a web search or a search on the Comcast site.

Paul

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @Paul_e81872 your best bet is to reach out to our Customer Security Assurance team as mentioned in the thread. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 hours ago

ggeinec, Hi there! I just wanted to check back in with you today to see if you were able to contact our Customer Security Assurance team and if you have any additional questions or concerns. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

How would I know how to contact the Customer Security Assurance team? 

When I called the 1-800 number for Comcast, selected technical help and the bot answering the phone said there was an outage problem in my area and due to that there was nothing more that could be done until the outage was fixed. Then hung up on me.

My internet, video and phone are working just fine this morning.

The web site is useless to try and find anything other than high level entry points.

The 'chat bot' is useless in finding info on this as it wanted me to select phone, internet or video.

I have nothing that indicates that Comcast has a Customer Security Assurance team.

In light of the hacking wars taking place over the WWW these days, and the scammers going overboard with attempts to get my user credentials and/or money, there is a huge reliance on multi-factor user authentication for account access! 

Having Comcast roll a change out to a cell phone app that is involved with multi-factor authentication that is UNANNOUNCED to the user community makes us wonder if there is a new hack by hijacking the Comcast authentication network traffic on our cell phone.

Comcast needs to tell the user community ahead of such changes so that we understand what will be taking place and not be concerned with becoming a victim of a complex scam/hack attempt!

Paul

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Paul_e81872 on our thread the information is provided above. The Customer Security Assurance team can be reached at 1-888-565-4329, 6:00 AM through 12:00 AM ET/Seven days a week.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here