user_jz5dao's profile

11 Messages

Sunday, September 1st, 2024 1:37 AM

Closed

Unable to reset password or reactivate a secondary comcast.net account

After changing my xfinity internet plan in July, one of my secondary accounts has become inaccessible and I am unable to reset the password through the website menu system.  Specifically, my secondary email does not show up so I can reset the password, probably because there has not been a recent login after transitioning from my old service plan. Can you help me with this please?

11 Messages

24 days ago

Following up with the bounce message I get from trying to send an email to the secondary account,

[Edited: "Personal Information"] rejected your message to the following email addresses: <address rtedacted>... There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin [Edited: "Personal Information"]
gave this error: <address rtedacted> - Account Closed, Please Remove

From this message I suspect that my secondary email addresses, unlike my primary address, did not survive the transition to my new Xfinity plan or were somehow deactivated after the account change.  I was advised that these email accounts would automatically transfer to my new service. 

How can I reactivate the old account ID so that email can be sent and received?  Thanks  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

24 days ago

@user_jz5dao  Hello and good evening. Thanks for posting and sharing your experience with the email. We appreciate it and the chance to assist. I know how important the email access is nowadays. I rely on it for access to all my online accounts, and its vital. You have reached the team of experts to help. We know what to look out for and how to troubleshoot, so you did well contacting us. We will do our best to get you back in the account. Is the account disabled due to no use? You can follow the steps here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-activity-status to verify. Do so now, and let us know if it is or not. 

11 Messages

Thanks for the reply, but I  just turned off the computers and am headed for bed. I'll follow up in the morning.

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@user_jz5dao Ah I totally understand. Sleep is priority number one on the weekends, and super important to stay healthy. Rest up and get some good sleep for now, we will be here in the morning. Be sure to continue with the first step, and let us know the results. Thanks for staying in touch and keeping us updated, we appreciate it a ton. Have a peaceful slumber :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

11 Messages

I can't tell the status of the secondary account. When I log on with the secondary account username [Edited: "Personal Information"]
is says I need to reset the password by signing on through our home wifi ansd then changing the password. As I have been unsuccessful in trying to password reset using my desktop which is hardwired, I tried through my laptop and home wifi, but I get the same password reset instructions as a response.  I wonder if the fact that my gateway is in bridge mode and my router hosts the wifi may be causing the problem?

So bottom line, I'm sorry that I did not get a definitive answer on the status of the [Edited: "Personal Information"] email account, but given the bounce details I received when trying to send email to [Edited: "Personal Information"], my guess is that the [Edited: "Personal Information"] account remains associated with our old (40+ year) Comcast account rather than our active account.  

Thanks for any guidance you can provide in clearing this up.

(edited)

11 Messages

23 days ago

Also, when I log on with my primary user account, click the account icon, then the Account and Identity option, I do not get presented with [Edited: "Personal Information"] as a secondary account to edit.   

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

873 Messages

That would be my first thought to check if the secondary user ID appears when signing in as the primary. Since it is not, I would recommend contacting our Customer Security Assurance team. They have more tools available for email and account recovery, and their contact is listed below.

• Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

11 Messages

Thank you for the suggestion to call the Customer Security Assurance team.  Yes, the secondary account remained associated with our old account which was deactivated when we set up the new plan.

The customer security agent was able to transfer the seconday email from the inactive account to the new active account, and I am now able to login on both primary and secondary accounts.

However, the permission level granted to the secondary account was only as a "Viewer" and I do not see an option to send/receive emails like I have can from the primary account.  When I logon to the secondary account, I am presented with a screen asking to reactivate Voice and other services.  Do I need to elevate the permissions of the secondary account in order to send/receive emails

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that the Customer Security agent was able to transfer your secondary email from the inactive account to the new active account and now you can log in to both, we appreciate you reporting back to us and are happy that they were able to help. If you need to update the permissions on the secondary account, you can do so by following the instructions here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/primary-and-secondary-accounts

11 Messages

I finally figured out how to access, send, and receive email from the secondary account, with its permission level set to "Viewer".  Thank you for your help and referral to the Customer Security Assurance team.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You're welcome, it's been our pleasure working with you and I'm glad it got figured out! Do you have any other questions or concerns our team can help with before we close out this thread?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here