Jer_B's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Friday, August 4th, 2023 5:11 PM

Closed

Two-step Verification

I would like to enable Two-step Verification (two-factor authorization) for my Xfinity account, but Xfinity doesn't seem to offer any choice in how it works. The default verification method is only through the Xfinity app rather than any major 3rd party 2FA app, and I will not use the Xfinity app to authenticate because of how poorly Xfinity codes their software. The backup methods are sending a text and an email. I am so sick of Xfinity sending me unwanted texts that I will not use that option out of principal even in cases like 2FA. That leaves email 2FA, which is better than nothing but its not actually secure. After enabling and trying Two-step Verification though I turned it back off because when I called Xfinity, the robot that answered forced me to authenticate before I could do anything else, and it waited for me to authenticate through the Xfinity app for several minutes before it moved to the backup method of text and email. I can't find a way to change the default 2FA method to anything other than the Xfinity app, and I can't find a way to remove texting as one of the backup 2FA methods.

If someone knows a way around the Xfinity app and texts being used for 2FA, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, Xfinity, despite me wanting to use 2FA and Xfinity pushing me to enable 2FA every time I log in to my account, I won't do it.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here