U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, April 19th, 2022 10:47 PM

Closed

two step verification isn't working

I'm trying to log in to my account online. I had to change my password which worked fine. When I try to log on I get a message that it sent a verification code. I get the code and enter it. After that it goes right back to the login page. I've done this several times and it just keeps going around over and over. Am I doing something wrong? 

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_922c8e

That sounds frustrating! Have you already attempted closing out the window and reopening (or closing and reopening the app), trying a different browser, clearing cache and cookies, and rebooting the device completely?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I've closed the window, cleared the cache and cookies, completely shut down the computer and restarted. I worked with a rep over the phone for over and hour. She transferred me to tech. He said they would run a diagnostic and I'd get a text in about an hour. I got the text, tried to log in and it was exactly the same. I just tried a different browser and it was the same. The test said if everything was good reply Y. If it still wasn't good reply N. I replied N and nothing happened. That was 34 minutes ago. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I did manage to get to a screen with my phone number and email address asking if I wanted to verify them. I said Continue. The same loop happened again. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Oh and the screen that asked about verifying my email address and cell number it said that 2-step verification was on. The first rep I spoke with said she'd turned it off.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I'm sorry about the continued trouble, @user_922c8e. Do you have a different computer or tablet you can use to attempt the login? Have you tried a different browser such as Explorer, Edge, Firefox, or Safari? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I tried Edge and it was the same. This is my mom's computer. I'll try mine next.

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Thanks for all the steps you've tried on your end. It is truly appreciated. May I ask have you tried to remove two-step authentication and set it back up? @user_922c8e

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I couldn't turn off two step verification. The farthest I got was a screen that showed my email address and cell number. You could verify them but I'd already done that. When I tried to continue it took me right back to the login screen. I'm using another computer now and the same thing is happening on this one.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for working with us to find a solution to this login issue you're having. I'd like to take a further look into this problem. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here