kp01's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 3:17 PM

Closed

two step verification change phone number

I need to change the phone number associated with two step verification.  When I do, it tells me "This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account" and it won't accept the change.  The new number is on another one of my email addresses, but it is all under the same account.  How can I update the phone number?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

847 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @kp01, Thanks for reaching out to our community! This is a great question! With two-step verification along with our usernames they must all have different phone numbers and email addresses associated with them.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityKei​  Thanks for the prompt response.  I guess I'll figure something out.  It doesn't seem very practical to expect clients to have multiple cell phone numbers if they have multiple email addresses for the same account. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

847 Messages

I totally understand your concerns as I ran into this same issue while setting up multiple usernames myself. My apologies as the system will not allow duplicate phone numbers. Its great feedback and I hope we can accomodate this in the future. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here