Skip517's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 6:48 PM

Support unable to fix my profile issue

Spent 2 hours discussing a change to my plan last week but at the end they sent the approval text to my comcast landline. Really? When I did not get a confirming email for the change I called back and was told I had not approved order. I checked my emails and I had a email saying they were unable to contact me via text to my landline number. Really? My mobile number is also listed and two factor authentication always works. They will not honor the agreed upon pricing despite the fact I have the chat transcript confirming the plan and price. Called again today to resolve the profile issue to ensure this doesn't happen in the future but support does not seem to have an answer as to why my landline is listed as my mobile number and I can't change it since it wants my to verify my landline number first and says my mobile number is already associated to an active account.. I was escalated to "security" who said she fixed it but would take 24 hours to see the change. I asked for the ticket number so I could reference when its not fixed tomorrow but she told me they don't use tickets but I can be assured it was fixed. Who runs a call center without a ticket system? I have one for my order issue.

How can I get my profile issue resolved and not have to deal with language issues at the same time?

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

25 days ago

Just spent 3 days and over 5 hours trying to change my plan. After agreeing to the plan they said it was processed and I would get an email. When email did not arrive I was told that I did not confirm via text. Comcast sent the text to my comcast landline yet I get text messages on my mobile all the time from comcast. When I called they would no longer honor the price we had agreed upon and blamed me. I just finished another 2 hour phone call trying to get my landline removed from my profile so they would no longer send text to that number. I spoke to 3 different reps, had to explain the issue to each one and they kept sayiing they understood my issue and that i should not worry they had fixed it but I had to wait 24 hours to see the change. I asked for the ticket number so I could reference tomorrow when it is not fixed and they said I did not have a ticket. I've been in IT for over 25 years and you always have a ticket. [Edited: inflammatory]. If I had another option for internet I would drop Comcast.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

919 Messages

25 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here @Skip517. I would be happy to look into that profile issue from here for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here