C

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, March 3rd, 2022 12:17 AM

Closed

"Sorry looks like you can't make changes to this plan"

I moved yesterday and last night I tried to use the "Move/Transfer service" feature. Which worked in activating the internet in my apartment but my Flex Streaming box won't connect. Also when I try to change my service and billing address, it still says my former address. When I go to edit that I get an error saying "Sorry looks like you can't make changes to this plan". 

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, connmath1997. We hope your move went smoothly! Hopefully you're getting all settled in to your new place. 😀

As far as your account goes, your user ID may have gotten left behind on the old account. Typically it should automatically transfer over, but I wanted to share this link with you as it should help clear up your account management/online access concerns: https://comca.st/3vD9PKH. As far as the Flex box goes, we can help with that as well. Are you receiving any error message upon plugging the box in? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityMorgan​ Thank you very much! When I plug in the Flex, an error tells me I have more info that needs to be filed in my account in order to activate. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Absolutely! When you attempt doing so and filling out that information - your account number, does anything happen?

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityMorgan​ That link was a big help thank you. I was able to make my new address the default. And linked the accounts. Will the account with the old address go away eventually? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

It won't automatically, but what you should be able to do have you've made sure you're signed in under your new/current account is follow the steps in the link I sent under the Unlinking Accounts section. Let me know whether that does or doesn't help, and if you have any additional questions or concerns. I'm here to help! 😀

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityMorgan​ That is where I am not sure what to do. I can't seem to find where to activate the Flex on my account. I'm believe it is still linked to my former address. Do I have to move that separately or is it something else. 

Also, much appreciated for the well wishes during my move. Thank you! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have this same issue.  I am no longer able to update/ edit add or remove email addresses since moving.  I have a new account with Comcast because apparently they have to open a new account when changing addresses....  Comcast is the worst company!  

Now I need to create new email addresses somewhere else and start changing it on every site... which is an extreme annoyance.  

Comcast refuses to link or merge the accounts.

Can't wait for Starlink or some other ISP to give comcast real competition.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

Hello @user_7dfc42 ,

Congratulations on the move! I know moving can be exciting and stressful all in one. I hope yours is the more exciting one.

I'm bummed to here about not being able to update/edit add or remove email addresses since you moved. I have a link to review, https://comca.st/3vD9PKH. Can you check this out and let me know if it helps? I would love to turn you experience around. We will get you taken care of. Let us know. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here