U

Monday, May 6th, 2024 4:21 PM

Service plan change

I want to change my service to a different plan but do not need professional installation since everything is working fine.  How can I get the installation fee waived?

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

14 days ago

Hello @user_divknp Thank you for reaching out for help with the installation charge you are seeing. I can help out with the charge. Are trying to make the change online? Are you logged into your Xfinity account?

2 Messages

Yes, I am trying to make the change online and I am logged into my account. 

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@user_divknp I appreciate you clarifying that you are logged into your account. I thought the charge may have been triggered if you are signing up as a new customer. I would love to take a look and see if I can credit the fee the system is trying to charge or if I have the promotion on my side and I can manually remove the installation requirement. 
Please send us a direct message with your name and service address. I will have to send a code for account verification and from there I can access our available options. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here