U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 12th, 2021 10:30 PM

Closed

One of my comcast email accounts will not work on iphone or windows mail

I have multiple comcast email accounts which all come through on my iphone 7 and on my laptop Windows email.  I had to establish an additional comcast email account for another property and have been spending months and months trying to get this email account to work on my iphone and Windows mail.  I've checked and rechecked the settings, comparing them to all my other accounts' setups. I've tried changing its' password.  I've followed the directions for setup on Xfinity. I've talked to Comcast service people at the Comcast store.  I've tried chats.  I'm told to call Apple, who tells me it's Comcast's issue.  I can send and receive via the Xfinity Comcast laptop email, but that is cumbersome.  I just keep getting error messages on the iphone and Windows email.  I even checked the security within this email account to allow 3rd party access.  Why is this happening and are there any suggestions?  Thanks 

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue and it seems to be this issue below, database corruption.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/signin-and-account-management/cant-access-my-account-on-myxfinitycom-or-myaccount-app/602db105c5375f08cd4201dd

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello, @user_87ab4f and @user_062dba. So sorry to hear about the email trouble. I depend on mine solely on my phone, as well, so I can appreciate the inconvenience this must be causing you both. Would both of you kindly send a private message so our experts can look into this further for you?

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat. Please include your first and last name.

I look forward to working with both of you soon!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I worked with the Peer to Peer chat for 2 hours today, at which point an hour long diagnostic was run. No change. this particular email still doesn't work for iPhone or Windows Mail.  It must be after hours as no one is responding since I was asked to recheck. I'm at the point of giving up and saying this will always remain a mystery.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I am not sure if your profile allows me to send private message to.

Is there a way i could call you or your team or let the agent on xfinity hotline 8009346489 transfer my call to your team?

and actually, i have been talking with several agents of xfinity for more than 5 hours today in many teams such as “Advance Repair” and “Technical support”. But they are just telling to reset things again and again or find new devices to attempt logging in.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

My previous comment was archived by your system

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Is there a way i could call you or your team or let the agent on xfinity hotline 8009346489 transfer my call to your team?

and actually, i have been talking with several agents of xfinity for more than 5 hours today in many teams such as “Advance Repair” and “Technical support”. But they are just telling to reset things again and again or find new devices to attempt logging in.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Is there a way i could call you or your team or let the agent on xfinity hotline transfer my call to your team?

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@user_062dba thank you for the response. We can see your archived responses on this end. Since you haven't posted to our Forum before, you will need to start your first post and then you will have access to send us a Peer to Peer chat. 

Please create your own post with a description of the issue you're experiencing and we will reach out to you again on that post to request you send a private message. Thanks for your patience with this!

I look forward to seeing your new post!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Posted here https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/signin-and-account-management/cant-log-into-xfinity-account-and-cant-switch-between-account-ids/60751220cc0238783d0f5b10

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have also a similar issue. Comcast e-mail on my Iphone stopped working 4/13/21 around 9.30 am. Iphone noted that there were comcast server issues. Just deleted the comcast account on my Iphone, tried to enter the account again. Not possible, receive the message "The IMAP server imap.comcast.net does not support password authentication. Please check your account settings and try again.  I tried a couple of times, with the same CORRECT info, received the message   logins are disabled for "comcast" Any idea how to get my Comcast e-mail on my IPhone again?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us over our Community Forums!

When accessing Comcast.net email on third party platforms, you will need to ensure Third Party Client access is enabled at connect.xfinity.com. I have included some links to some great articles that help walk you through the process. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/iphone-configure-comcast-email

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pop-imap-iphone

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 years ago

5 month old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here