U

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 4:12 PM

Old account is in collections due to non-returned items

I stopped my account for a period of time last year. Apparently, there is some sort of device that gives access to services such as apple tv, hulu, etc that was attched to that acount. I do have the device.

When I restarted the internet service, I asked customer service to re-open my old account. They couldn't figure out how to do it, so, they opened up a new account.

The old account went into collections because of the internet appliance attached to the old account.

How do I get this problem fixed without going through A LOT of hassle?

Official Employee

• 

827 Messages

3 days ago

Hey there, user_403kk6! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. Oh man, I am sorry to hear about the troubles with your previous account. We would recommend returning any devices that are associated with that old account as soon as possible, that would likely clear up any charges regarding the equipment. You can return them to any local Xfinity Store or UPS. UPS will box it up, label it and ship it back to Xfinity at no cost to you. I would just recommend maintaining the receipt for tracking purposes to ensure we do receive the device back. Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here