V

Tuesday, September 10th, 2024 4:15 AM

Not receiving login PIN via SMS

I’m trying to log in to my account and the system wants to send a PIN to my mobile phone. The PIN never arrrives. I’ve checked my account profile and the mobile phone number on file is correct. 

Any idea why can’t I receive the login PIN on my mobile phone?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 month ago

Vigornian Good morning! We appreciate you reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your authentication PIN. I'm happy to help you get in the right direction today. Is it possible you may have accidently added it to your blocked list? I've included some steps below. Can you please give these a try and let us know if this works for you? 

Text the following command to 266278 (COMCST):
START: Resubscribe to Xfinity service text alerts
Tip: Add 266278 to your phone's contact list so you have easy access to text commands.
*Note: Message and data rates may apply.

2 Messages

@XfinityKassie

Thanks for the suggestion XfinityKassie. 

I followed your instructions but didn't receive a response when I texted START to 266278.

I have added 266278 to my contacts and made sure that it is not blocked.

What else could prevent me from receiving text messages from you?

I also get this message when I try to connect to the community via my Mac…

You don’t have permission to access http://login.xfinity.com/login on this server

Reference #18.96622c17.1725981925.4ef8be3

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Vigornian Thank you for giving those steps a try, and the update. Looks like we have some work to do. Have you updated your Xfinity.com password recently, or any of your security settings? Additionally, are you on your home network at the moment? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

3 days ago

I am away from home and trying to add an iPad to the Xfinity app so I can connect to wireless. I am not getting the SMS codes for two-factor authentication. (Yes the phone number is correct--I have no problem using the app on my phone) I've followed the steps in this thread and had no success. Other threads always seem to end up with an invitation to a private chat but with no actual solution posted. HELP!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_t2qcwn. I'm sorry to hear you're not receiving the SMS code when attempting to add the iPad to the Xfinity app. Have you by any chance tried to remove the application from your phone and then reinstall it?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ I have no problem with the Xfinity app on my phone. I am trying to login to the app on a new iPad and my phone does not receive the SMS code. Is the app on my phone supposed to receive the 2FA code? Otherwise, don't see why reinstalling it on my phone would do anything.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for those details user_t2qcwn. Please make sure that push notifications from the Xfinity app are enabled to receive these verification prompts. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here