U

Wednesday, December 20th, 2023 1:08 PM

Closed

mobile phone number

I want to set up 2 factor authentication. However, my mobile phone number that Xfinity shows is wrong. When I attempt to change it to the correct number, I get the error message "Mobile Number is already linked to an active account". How do I change the phone number?

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @user_4lrbu4 thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to updating your contact information. With receiving the number is linked to an active account, you can look to link the other profile to your current one. Once they are linked you can edit the contact information: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts. 

If you're still experiencing issues after trying the linking of the accounts, we do have a great team of experts who work at our privacy center that can help update information: https://www.xfinity.com/privacy. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/delete-private-data. 

3 Messages

Thanks for the quick reply. As far as I know, I have only one account/profile. It's possible that I have an old, unused account, but I have never used the mobile number that Xfinity is trying to use. I have received many texts from Xfinity on my correct mobile number.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

9 months ago

You're welcome, @user_4lrbu4. I'd definitely like to investigate further to see about the number, and can check to see if it pulls up any information for me. When you have time would you please send a direct message.

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

9 months ago

@user_4lrbu4 thank you for sending the direct message, I'll follow up with you there to continue. 

1 Message

8 months ago

I'm having this same issue, "Mobile Number is already linked to an active account." I've tried using website functionality to invite and then remove the phone number account but I encountered website errors when inviting. Also similar to this issue, I've correctly received automated texts from Xfinity to my correct phone number which I want to link with my account. From the outside perspective, it seems like my phone number is only partially registered with Xfinity.

I can't direct message without making a post so I figured I'd post in this recent thread to qualify.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

jbalon, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I am sorry to hear you are having issues signing in to your account. Please send us a DM with your name and full address so we can better assist you. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I received the solution offline from tech support. I had two additional account ID's, one of which used the phone number that I wanted to use for my main ID. I deleted the other two ID's and was able to add the correct phone number to my main ID.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here