mbpros's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 5:35 PM

Closed

I Cannot sign in to HBO Max anymore because it says I am a secondary user

I cannot sign in to HBO max because it says I am a secondary user.  I looked up my Xfinity User ID (I was using a secondary ID), used that...and even reset my password....BUT even though I'm using the correct Xfinity User ID and password, I still get this stupid error message with Max.  HELP!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 months ago

Hello @mbpros

The Xfinity Primary user needs to use their Xfinity ID to create a Max account and password within the Max website or app, and then share this information with other members of the household in order for them to access Max. Secondary Xfinity users can’t sign in to Max using their Xfinity ID and password.

Please see here for more on creating the log in for your HBO MAX

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I was using the Primary Xfinity ID...and still was encountering the same error message.  I found out my wife has a separate Max login so I tried to use that.  It did take me into Max...but as soon as I tried to watch any program I received a message that I had to connect my provider...I don't want to do that in Max; I may as well use my wife's Max login since that's working on our other TVs.  Help!!

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@mbpros  I appreciate the follow-up information that your were attempting the log in with the primary Xfinity ID. Looking over the Max login set up, I did notice it mention that if you're trying to log in when connected to your network it will prompt you to select a provider. 

I definitely like to investigate this further, and since I will gather some account information that we don't want in our public conversation. When you have time would you please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hi Justin,

I am having the same problem.

I can sign in to MAX on all other devices and was in fact signed in through xfinity but now it says I'm trying to sign in with a secondary account holder. I have only one account and have used the same one for years. If you could help I would be very thankful.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @skam16. That is always a frustrating experience when you run into that issue with any app. I would be happy to look further into that for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityEva​ 

I need help with the same issue. 
I have called many times and no help. 
can you please help

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I’m having same issue. No one can resolve. Please help 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @skam16, we appreciate you letting us know you are running into the same error, we want to ensure this is working for you! Were you able to log in previously to your Max account using your Xfinity Log in before getting this error? Have you already gone through the process of creating a Max account and connecting your cable log in? Have you checked to ensure you are using your primary user ID to link your Xfinity account to your Max account?

1 Message

9 months ago

I am also encountering this same issue. Max used to be signed in and usable. Not until just recently has it forced us to relogin. We have a max account that we login to, then we click to connect our service provider, and finally after logging into xfinity it just redirects to the xfinity page for the Max premium channel information with a button to add it to the account. We already have the HBO premium channel. Clicking the button just comes up with an error and to contact support. It seems something has changed within the Max login as well as the Max application’s UI. Something is off where it isn’t authorizing after logging into xfinity and instead just redirects to that xfinity premium channel page.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@Penny_cush Do you have our standard X1 service? If so, does MAX work using the box? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

9 months ago

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrated as I’m traveling now and planned on viewing movies on my iPad.  Any help?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue, @user_vgvkv2. Are you logging in with your primary ID? Have you checked to make sure no other Xfinity IDs are listed as primary instead? You can check this online or through our Xfinity App. You can also find your Xfinity ID by following the instructions listed HERE

1 Message

8 months ago

Same. Xfinity is the worst.

1 Message

8 months ago

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue.  I'm the primary user, I can sign in to the app on the television (using a QR code authenticated against my max account user id), from max website on my laptop - but can not connect using the max app on my iphone.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, but when asked to login and connect using xfinity, it says it's a secondary user.  I'm the primary.  I've cleared my cache and used the auth.max.com/link in both firefox and chrome, and it's the same issue.  it's like the handoff to xfinity is the fail point.  please any admins have any updates or troubleshooting tips?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out through Xfinity Forums, @user_4kk63x. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your MAX subscription. I know my household enjoys watching all the movies they have available, and I definitely want to make sure it is working for you. If you can please send us a Direct Message, so we can take a look at your account details. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

2 Messages

4 months ago

Exact same issue for me.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_yf0w9q Have you tried on more than 1 device to see if you are getting the same error message?

2 Messages

I am able to access on my PC, but not my TV.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_yf0w9q Got it! Are you able to uninstall and reinstall the app on your TV and try again? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here