Amanda8877's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 7:00 PM

HBOMAX says I am not primary user

I keep trying to sign into HBOMAX which is something I have subscribed to through my Xfinity account. Each time I try to activate HBOMAX, I get the error that I cannot because I am not the primary user. I am the only one who has ever been on this account so I am not understanding what is wrong. 

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.3K Messages

4 m ago

@Amanda8877 wrote:

I keep trying to sign into HBOMAX which is something I have subscribed to through my Xfinity account. Each time I try to activate HBOMAX, I get the error that I cannot because I am not the primary user. I am the only one who has ever been on this account so I am not understanding what is wrong. 

To find your Primary user ID, use the Lookup Tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

Just enter the requested information and you will see a listing of all the user ID's on your account, one of which will be the Primary ID.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

833 Messages

4 m ago

Hi @Amanda8877, can you check that you're signed in with the same gmail that you're signing into this forum with? If you've already created an HBO Max account then you can try to password reset your gmail. If that doesn't work we'll get the issue escalated.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have the same problem. I am the primary and only user on my account and yet it says I am a secondary user.

New to the Community?

Start Here