S

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 12:09 PM

Closed

HBO Max is not accepting my Xfinity login because it considers it a secondary account

For the record, this was working fine until this morning, which means it's something you changed.

Why does it matter if it's the primary account or a secondary account? The agreement is for all accounts. Why do I have access yesterday and months before, but today I don't?

Is the solution that everyone in my house has to individually subscribe to HBO now, to get remote access or do I need to bother your call center and change who the primary is whenever we want to watch HBO on something besides the TV?

Fix. This.

Official Employee

• 

990 Messages

3 years ago

Hey @Seabee201 sorry to hear you are having trouble with your HBO Max log in. Where are you trying to sign in to this and what is the exact error you are receiving? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am trying to log back in on my tablet, outside of my home on wifi.

HBO Max has logged me out of my "remember me," option and back to the subscribe/login via provider screen. When I try to login using my Xfinity credentials it tells me that my account "appears" to be a secondary account and directs me to log out. Rinse. Repeat.

My "secondary" account, my wife's being the primary since her name is on the bill, has worked just fine up until today. What is different about today?

Official Employee

• 

990 Messages

Thank you for this information.The Xfinity primary user needs to use their Xfinity primary ID to create an HBO Max account and password within the HBO Max website or app, and then share this information with other members of the household in order for them to access HBO Max. Secondary Xfinity users can’t sign in to HBO Max using their Xfinity ID and password. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Right, we already did this, as I said my credentials WERE WORKING FINE. Canned answers aren't the solution. There's no point in asking for details if you're going to just regurgitate the website. We've already been using the HBO Max service, so it's already set up. For some reason, they're not accepting the previously accepted "secondary" credentials today. That is the problem. What changed between yesterday and today? Why would it work yesterday but not today?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

I can understand your frustration when the secondary email worked one day and not the next. To be honest, the day it worked was the fluke, not the day it doesn't. HBO Max set it up with us that the primary email address is the only login to use. If you want other family members to have access on their own devices, you will have to provide that information for them, or sign in on their devices for them.

I know that can be annoying, as I've had to do this for my hubby and kids a few times. I wish we could get around this or add other emails like some of the other streaming services- and maybe HBO Max will change it down the road. But for now, it's the primary account holder's credentials that you need to use on all devices. 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

"the DAY it worked was a fluke, not the day it doesn't."  It hasn't worked for a day, it's been working for well over a year, the fluke is clearly today. Your response is a push off to put the responsibility on the customer.  It is both extraordinarily unsecure to require an entire family to utilize one member's email address to use the service as it is ridiculous to suggest that Xfinity can link our email accounts on this site, but not with HBO Max access.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here