BrandonF30's profile

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 11:07 PM

Closed

Half of Starz titles are locked

Half of the Starz titles are locked when using the STARZ App on the iPhone, Android, and Roku. On the Windows 11 or LG Smart TV I don't locked titles

issues. I do pay Starz via Comcast. I really don't want to be told to use the XFINITY Stream when I do pay for the network and the network has your brand to sign in. Please fix the issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

@BrandonF30  Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out our Community Forums Team for assistance with your Starz subscription. I know how important it is to have your services meet your needs and expectations. At this time Starz does not offer Xfinity subscribers free access to the Starz App.  I know you mentioned you didn't want to use the Xfinity Stream App, but this would give you access your Starz and StarzEncore content. I know this can be disappointing. Please let me know if there are any other questions or concerns I may answer for you!  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

2 years ago

Did you not read what I said? I said it works on LG Smart TV and Windows with the Xfinity Login.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@BrandonF30 I'm sorry if it seemed as though I didn't read your message. You mentioned you were using the Starz App on your iPhone, Android, and Roku devices and some titles are locked. This is something you would need to troubleshoot with the Starz, but I wanted to let you know that since you subscribe to Starz through Xfinity, the access to the Starz App will not be the same as if you were to pay for your subscription directly through them, or use the Xfinity TV Stream App. There is a tab on their website for FAQ, and then you can go to the Help Center to get assistance with troubleshooting the devices. Please let me know if this works for you, I look forward to hearing how things go. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

2 years ago

So then why does all the titles work on Windows and on LG Smart TV with the Xfinity sign in?

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

Are you at home on your home network? If you aren't on your own personal network and on your home hot spot it can cause a concern. I would start with the network and go into the settings first and make sure you are on your own network. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@XfinityJosephB​ I am on my Home Internet. But what does that have to do with the STARZ App? I want to use the STARZ on my iPhone and Roku but of the titles are locked. It should be Comcast's job to look into the issue instead of the customer. After all I pay the both of you. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

The apps will sometimes only work on your home network. I have issues with my own HBO and Xfinity Stream app doing that. If you are on the network at home, would you be able to send me a DM with your name and your address so I can help you do some troubleshooting? You can do that by following these directions: 

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here