U

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 7:03 PM

Free iPad for a 30 second survey

I have gotten a series of emails from Xfinity 

“

Dear [Edited: "Personal Information"],

Congratulations! You've been selected to get a brand new iPad Pro!   

Complete this short 30-second survey about your experiences        

with us and receive your exclusive reward for participating.

is this a scam? I did recently exchange a router at a Xfinity store. There is no ‘from’ line in the email. This is not the first email I have received since it exchanged the equipment. 

does Xfinity have a ‘possible spam issues’ hot line? If not, should you create one?

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

3 months ago

@user_ft2kfx Hello! Thank you for your post. We do have a website aimed at online security, https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse. There are instructions on how to report spam and phishing emails as well! I also recommend checking out the Alerts page for known risks.

3 Messages

please just tell us if this promotion is legit, or is it a scam?  all you've done is let us know where to go to report potential scams

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you, @user_wm1ywo for your time and patience. We currently do not have any promotions that will give you a free iPad Pro for completing a survey. I would recommend, always contact us first and we can let you know.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Thank you for clarifying and for getting back to me so quickly, I appreciate the clarification.  I don't know if you want to put it out there where you would normally post on social media, that this scam is going around, but just a thought to consider, because I know there will be people who will click on the button, then get malware on their computer.

Happy Fourth!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Happy fourth to you as well, @user_wm1ywo We do try to stay on top of the scams out there, but as your can imagine it's an ongoing thing. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll always be here for you!-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

Spammers called my landline on 7/4 - wanted to update my medical information. I laughed at them! OT for someone?  NOT!  Be careful out there …

1 Message

3 months ago

why do you need our SS for this promotion? Is this legit or not? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_eh9mqt If you are referring to the 'Free iPad Promotion', that is not a legitimate promotion and if you see any emails or links that have this offer, please disregard them and do not enter any of your personal information.

3 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​ 

thank you

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I am on a chat with xfinity and the agent is offering me a free ipad in addtion to lowering my monthly bill.  I asked for something in writing as I think it is a scam too.

I tried talking to a live person but I can never get thru to one.  Very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

notcableready I'm not seeing any current reward offers, or Xfinity Mobile offers for a free iPad. You should definitely get confirmation from the agent, and confirm if they are setting you up for Xfinity Mobile. 

3 Messages

@notcableready​ the same thing just happened to me with the comcast agent. I think Comcast is legitimizing scammers and should be held accountable. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here