hlx94025's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2024 8:03 PM

Failed to generate verification code

I saw another thread about this issue but no indication of what the problem is. When I try to login into the xFinity App I get an error "Failed to generate verification code" to my cell phone number. I have to instead send it to my email which is not as convenient. What is the problem?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

510 Messages

3 months ago

Good afternoon @hlx94025. There have been multiple customers that have reported the same issue, and it is being currently investigated. When you choose the email option, does it go through normally?

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

I just wanted to share my findings as I tried to log in and it failed and kept starting over. I have a few comcast emails and the only ones that have any issues logging in right now are accounts with 2 authentication turned on. If I log into a email account that does not have that on it logs in and goes straight to email. I am an IT figured I would share for the X team to look into that area. Something is off. Cant log into any comcast account that requires 2 authentication.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Ok so it let me send a code to email and that worked since I have a gmail on file with my comcast email. Hope this helps

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

liltrow Thanks for following up to let us know this helped. I know this workaround doesn't fully fix the issue, but I'm happy you were able to get the code. You can also double check your contact information to ensure we have the most udpated information. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Same Story, Different Day here. Sending the code to my linked gmail account worked.

Thanks for the tip.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We're glad to hear that worked @user_ik3krw. Do you have any other questions or concerns at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here