spantuev's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Did your XFINITY Account Got Hacked?

Hi, Xfinity support team and members,

I received 2 emails during the last 2 weeks saying that someone signed in my Xfinity account from a device I had never used. My account is no longer active. 

So, I am concerned about the security of my data because someone signed in to my account and was able to see my personal data like the First and Last name, my email, and my phone number. 

Xfinity, could you tell me what can we do about it? Xfinity chat assistants weren't able to help me.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Mine is also hacked. There is an unknown user with viewing privileges that cannot be removed from the list of users.

Everytime I hit "Remove User" the website has an error. No, the unknown user is NOT the primary user/account holder.

I also have not managed to get ahold of anyone to assist yet. Pretty frustrated to be honest.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@spantuev  please reach out to CSA

Customer Security Assurance

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud and other security issues.

• Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

4 years ago

@CJLH1  - just checked your account and there seems to be a shell secondary user that's only seen on the front end but not tied to anything on the back end (this identity does not exist in our database anymore, so it may have already successfully purged, it's just showing up on the front end). I wouldn't worry, as the shell identity is a "viewer" permission meaning their permission does not allow for viewing anything on your account - your PII and account number are all obscured from a viewer's My Account view. 

I'm investigating this with the team, but in the meantime I recommend you change your password and enroll in two-step verification

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/enroll-2-step-verification

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here