junior1835's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 6th, 2024 7:35 PM

Contract - No Easy Exit to Prepaid

Somehow I wandered into a 12 month contract for internet.  I am 2 months in.  I asked the store rep to switch me to the new $30 now prepaid plan when I heard about it..  He told me I had to pay $120 exit fee from that contract.  I guess because the now plan is prepaid monthly.  Asked if there was a 12 month prepaid plan.  No!   So I trapped myself by accepting the 12 month contract.  Be careful if you are thinking of changing to prepaid from a contract.  X wants $120 exit penalty to go prepaid.  I would save $ over the remaining 10 months but the I have to get the ‘used’ equipment that X tells you they will never service. And will charge you to replace.  So I saved $10 for a  few months and now they want $120 from me, a 10 plus year customer,  just trying to take advantage of their new offerings.  I was told, many years ago when I signed on, one can always switch plans as long as one stays with Comcast. No!

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

7 days ago

@junior1835 Thanks for being a long time customer. It's important to review all the details presented while signing or approving the order, as that clarifies the terms of said agreement.

There are no contracts or 12 month Prepaid plans, it is a monthly prepaid service.

The added discount, comes with the promise of keeping the service for a certain time. The ETF's are explained upfront and posted clearly in the agreement. That helps customers save money with the promotional discount, for the length of the promotion not just a few months. The ETF amount also diminishes each month that passes by $10. So you can switch as soon as you feel comfortable with the price or until it zeros out. 

There is no cost to go to prepaid or switch to it. Customers can sign up and order the service plus equipment at regular price. For Xfinity Internet, and Cable, customers can always switch their plans and promotions, even under an active contract. Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Prepaid Internet, and NOW Internet are all different services however, and not connected or billed equally/on the same platforms. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here