U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, February 8th, 2023 12:11 AM

Closed

Can't pay my bill without logging in

I use a bill payer who for the second month can't make my payment bc it's making them (and me or anyone else) log in when attempting to do so. They sent a check but being from them doesn't contain my bank information and now won't arrive before it's shut off. Last month I was told that occasionally it may prompt you to log in just for security when utilizing the links or bill pay/quick pay options but my banking partner said that Xfinity has set this (likely accidentally) to only accept payments when logging in. No one seems to be listening to or understanding what I'm saying when I try to fix this. Anyone have any ideas who can help? Otherwise I have to switch this issue is causing late fees n will shut me off if they have to wait on this check.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_5be5df Hello. Can you give some additional details on how you are trying to make the payment? Are you logging into your bank to make a payment instead of making the payment on our site? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityAbbie​ I use deferit they go to your site and select the payment link without signing in. They've also used links sent by chat support. When putting in the acct and address, or address and phone it will say they need to log in for security. This began last month and have advised that it's xfinity that set that to not accept payments without logging in. I utilize that whether it's through them or my banking bill pay and it does the same thing regardless of who tries now. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_5be5df Thank you so much for those details.

We want to make sure that payments made on your Xfinity account are done with your authorization. We have suspended the ability to make unauthenticated payments on your Xfinity account. This means you’re required to sign in to your Xfinity account to make payments online. We want to ensure that payments made on your Xfinity account are done with your authorization. We can’t reverse this change, but there are many other convenient ways to pay your bill.

You can still use these options to make a payment: You can sign in to Xfinity.com to pay your bill online and set up automatic payments.
Say "Pay my bill" into your Xfinity Voice Remote to open your account and pay on Xfinity X1.
You can mail us a check or a cashier’s check using the insert included with your Xfinity bill.
You can visit an Xfinity Store to pay using one of our Xfinity Self-Service Kiosks.
You can visit a Western Union Quick Collect location.

We offer two-step verification with the Xfinity app to provide extra layers of digital security and an easier sign-in experience. The Xfinity app for Apple and Android devices is available for download on the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
The Xfinity app alerts you when someone attempts to use your Xfinity ID and password to sign in to your account. You can approve or deny the sign-in attempt with a yes/no button push, facial recognition, one-touch fingerprint ID or a traditional verification code.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Why was this done. I will be leaving xfinity if that's the case this is not what they meant to do they intended to do it to a specific card I shut off. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_5be5df I do apologize for any confusion, but this is a new change that impacts all customers no matter what method you use for payment. For account security and to ensure all payments are applied to the correct account a login/Xfinity sign-in is needed. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_5be5df, We are a direct corporate team here and no there is not an option to change it back as this is a company-wide change to residential services to ensure our customers' information stays secure! We still provide quite a few options to make your payments, and you can use the two-step authentication to provide anyone you need access to your Xfinity login information to approve when and who is logging in.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here