summerthyme's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2023 5:09 PM

Closed

Can't Log In to Xfinity on Chrome

When I click on "Sign In" on xfinity.com from a Chrome browser, I get an error message "This site can't be reached".  This is happening on a Chromebook and on three different computers.  I am able to log in from Chrome using an incognito tab and can log in with the Edge browser.

Chrome is up to date on all machines.  All machines are on a wired LAN with xFinity internet.  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Hi there @summerthyme!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support to voice your service concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can today.  Have you tried clearing your cache & cookies in Chrome and trying to log in?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ Yes - have cleared cache and cookies, restarted, etc.  No change.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Let me revise that response.  We have cleared cache.  I just tried clearing cookies on one of the laptops and it works now.  I will try that on the others.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@summerthyme Wonderful, that is good news that this step worked! Please keep us up to date on if this works on your other devices as well, and you are able to successfully log in!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

i cleared xfinity.com COOKIES on all devices and they all work now.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Perfect, thank you so much for letting us know that worked @summerthyme! I am glad that you were able to clear the cookies and get your log in to work across all devices. If there is ever anything else that we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us by creating a new post. Our entire community will always be here to help make sure you get the support you need! Thank you for being the best part of the Xfinity Family! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue - cannot login to xfinity (COMCAST) using CHROME - but can when in Incognito mode - or when using EDGE.  I have cleared the Cache and cookies - still same error: 'The Connection was Reset'.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue for past two days cannot sign into Xfinity using Google Chrome on my PC. Have Cleared cache,browsing history and cookies and have rebooted several times   Get connection reset error 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

706 Messages

Hello @user_b5d266. If this issue is happening on your PC while using chrome and you already cleared your cache and cookies, please manually power cycle your modem (unplug power cord and plug back in). This will sync setting and download any firmware that may have been stuck.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Yesterday (SUN) I posted the total solution to this insidious problem:

A couple hours ago I discovered the 'key' to getting this resolved that goes beyond just clearing the cache, cookies etc.   Just 'clearing the cache' etc never did work - you ALSO need to Delete out the xfinity site data: 

--> 'Site Settings' --> 'View Permissions and Data Stored across sites' .  Long list of web sites, find Xfinity and just delete the file data.  Problem solved.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Clear cache, Unplug and Plug router back in, Delete file data. None worked.

It's also ironic that to post this reply, they require us to sign in first. That's the whole problem at the first place! 

Good thing, I have Windows and iphone to rely on.

Official Employee

• 

706 Messages

Please try going to my.xfinity.com and signing in that way. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Made no difference. In case you don't know, my.xfinity.com directs you to login.xfinity.com/login anyway.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

Every time I try to log into Xfinity.com/my.xfinity.com on Chrome, I get rerouted to log back in again. I have cleared my cache and cookies, I have gotten a new modem, I have done all the troubleshooting. This login works on Opera, just not Chrome. Please assist.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @npcarnahan! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your login, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance. Are you able to log in using a Chrome Incognito browser (Ctrl+Shift+N)?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ I’m having the same issue.  Enter ID and goes back to ID page instead of proceeding to password.  Cleared everything.  Updated Chrome.  Rebooted phone.  Can login using incognito.  Also safari works.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here