U

5 Messages

Friday, September 29th, 2023 4:25 PM

Closed

Can't link accounts

I have been trying to link my accounts and pay my bill for over a week.  This is the WORST customer service experience I have ever had.  I have Xfinity at two properties but only one of them appears in my online account so I have been trying to link my second account so it can be on auto pay.

On Thursday, 9/21/23, I tried multiple times to use the website (https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts) to link the accounts but it timed out and said "server at idm.xfinity.com is taking too long to respond".  I used the chat function and spent about 20 minutes with an agent (because it took the agent 5-6 minutes to answer each of my comments) for the agent to say that he could not link my accounts and was transferring me.  The agent never even asked me for the account number of my second account so not sure he was even trying to link them.  When transferred, I was number 28 in line and decided to disconnect since I didn't have time to wait, again.  Later that day, I tried downloading the app and I couldn't link the accounts on the app either.

On Monday, 9/25/23, I again tried multiple times to use the website to link the accounts to no avail. I tried the chat function.  After about 10 minutes, it said that I was "connected to an agent" but there was no agent.  Every 3 to 4 minutes, I would enter into the chat something like "Where are you?" or "Is anyone there?".  No one ever responded.  I waited in the chat for 35 minutes and no one ever showed up.  I tried calling the customer service number, multiple times, but it just leads you in circles until the system actually just hangs up on you.  They don't let you speak to an agent, ever.  I tried scheduling a call back but that feature was "unavailable" that day.

On Thursday, 9/28/23, I signed up for a call back from Xfinity scheduled for 1pm that day.  That was 23 hours ago and no one ever called me back.  What's the point of scheduling a call back if they can't call you back at the agreed upon time?

Meanwhile, they keep sending me emails about needing to fix my account.  Whenever I click on a link in the email, it just sends me in the same circles listed above.  I can't believe it is this hard just to pay my bill.  Imagine how hard it would be if you actually needed help or wanted to cancel service.  I have never seen so many failure points (website, chat function, app, customer service phone number, call back function) in one system in my life.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

@user_98ff62 Thank you for working with us in private. I'm happy to hear that we were able to get you taken care of. Please reach out to us anytime you need assistance. Have a fantastic weekend!-Richard

5 Messages

For anyone with the same issue, this is what ultimately helped me:

"This issue will typically happen if you are not signing in under the primary username. Have you double-checked to make sure the username for that account is the primary which you can do by going to https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup?execution=e1s1 and that link will allow you to make sure you are using the primary username associated with that account."

I had always been using the primary username but when I clicked on the link above (entered a phone number and verified it), it gave me a message that I still needed to finish setting up the account for one address.  I entered my new address that I was previously unable to access and the system finally linked both addresses/accounts.  I was then able to pay my bill and set up auto pay.  It was a painful 10 hours spent on this over the last 8 days but finally resolved.

1 Message

It is clear that the Xfinity employee has never tried to link accounts with an iPhone, a Mac, or and iPad: it doesn't work with Apple products apparently. I have tried to link my accounts trying 10 different Apple device for a month, and we get the same response after clicking "link account", which is "can't find server"!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

10 months ago

Hi, @user_98ff62! We are grateful for your time spent on this and reaching out for help with linking the two accounts. As someone who is also a paying consumer, I definitely understand how important it is to link those account so so you can pay the bill alot easier that way. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We will do everything within our power to rectify this and help with a solution as quickly as possible. Thank you for providing that website link for linking the account. Here is also another great article to our digital options for linking the accounts as this can only be done via the self service options from what I understand. Please let me know if this helps.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried this on multiple devices to see if you experience the same error message?

Additionally, as far as making a payment we also offer multiple options for paying the bill. One great option for making a payment is through our webpage. Here is a link that will take you to the try quick pay option to pay any balance option without signing in. Once you click on the try quick pay option without signing in, it will ask you to confirm your account number and will allow you to make that payment. Another option for making payment is to call us at our 24/7 support number or by visiting us at your nearest XFINITY service center.

(edited)

5 Messages

The link you sent in paragraph one is the one I have been following that eventually leads to (https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts) that doesn't work.  Yes, I have tried on 4 different devices in 2 different states and nothing works.  Where is the quick pay link you mention above?  I can find a quick pay link for Xfinity mobile but when I try it for Xfinity internet, it says I must sign in.  I tried calling to pay the bill and it said I have to sign in and pay online.  When I sign in, it only shows one account and won't let me link the second account so signing in doesn't help me pay the bill.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

10 months ago

Ah, okay. My sincere apologies. It seems that Quick Pay option function only works on XFINITY Mobile. Instead of linking the account, are you able to sign in to the other account directly that does not appear? Just to confirm, the other account that you want to link is still active. Does this sound correct, @user_98ff62?

5 Messages

I can't sign into the other account because the only way to sign in is to list my phone number.  When I do that, it only shows the first account and doesn't show the second account.  Yes, the second account is active.  Just started in August.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thanks for providing these details, @user_98ff62. I would like to pull up both accounts to research this further on my end. To get started, would you mind sending us a direct message with your first/last name and both of the addresses? You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Gabriel,

can you help me with this as well? I am having the same problem. I can’t activate my new internet service because I can’t log into the new account

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_tc14q8

Hi! Have you ordered the new service online? If you have not received a confirmation of service with a start date you will not be able to log in to your account or set this up just yet. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

10 months ago

I've been having the same issue! I have the account number to my old account and my new account, I have the address of each, both of them were set up using the same email, and yet I can only ever see my old account online or through the app.

I've tried opening the "link accounts" (https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts) page on my phone through the app and online as well as through two separate computers on multiple wifi networks and it always pops up with an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT issue or it just won't load anything and will be stuck on a loading screen!! I've tried calling the help line and it just goes around in circles of being passed from one person to another! I want to pay my bill so I'm not charged late fees, but this is making it impossible!

I don't know what to do, I've tried accessing my new account through the one email they sent me saying my "order is confirmed" but since it's through the same email as my old account it just pops up with my profile that only has the old account.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for your comment, @user_8sjudv.  I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing a similar issue. Usually, is best to do this through our website. Have you tried using different web browsers? Is the browser you are using up to date? You can also try clearing your cache and cookies. Let me know if any of these steps work. 

(edited)

2 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ 

I ultimately resolved the issue with a 2 hour phone call with customer service. Yes, I tried all those things as I explained in my initial comment. I’m a software engineer, I know a little bit about computers and the Xfinity website and app are entirely the problem. Xfinity makes it impossible to have a good customer experience.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm glad to hear the issue was ultimately resolved for you. I apologize that it was not a seamless experience, and we appreciate your feedback on this matter. If you need anything else, feel free to create a new public submission. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

The Xfinity linked account is just horrible. I used to have 3 accounts and it was almost impossible to get them all linked. Now two are linked but it doesn't let me simply toggle over to the secondary account. It shows it as a linked account but then tells me I have to log out and log back in as the other account? What's the point of having them linked if you can't access under one log in? Horrible experience that makes me ill each time I deal with it.

1 Message

8 months ago

I am having the same problem. I have APPLE devices and can't link accts. Customer service was useless.

I am looking for other cable options now.

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hey there @user_srhvv1 We're so sorry for the headaches with this inked account issue.  Are you seeing similar error messages to those described in this thread?  What troubleshooting steps have you gone through with support already?  We're here to help as much as possible and really improve your experience. 

You can reach us anytime by sending a direct message via the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address so we can find that account easily. 

2 Messages

7 months ago

I am having the same problem however I don't need to pay my bill. I have tried this on my Mac Book Pro and my IPhone 11. I have made 4 calls with nothing working. I need to get this resolved ASAP becaues I use my accounts for my business. Can SOMEBODY help me, please? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_rckor0 Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with linking your accounts. I know how important it is to be able to manage your accounts with ease. I'm happy to get you in the right direction today. To be sure you and I are on the same page, do you have Comcast Business accounts that you are trying to link, or are they residential accounts you use for business? 

2 Messages

I don't have a business account, they are residential accounts. What difference does this make and can you assist me to link my accounts?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_rckor0 No worries at all, if you already attempted the steps listed on this page here to link your accounts https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts?linkId=92318056  when you are attempting to manage the accounts are you by chance connected to one of the accounts Xfinity home WiFi? Have you already checked to make sure you are using the Primary Xfinity ID when attempting to make the changes as @user_98ff62 mentioned in the Accepted Solution above?  

1 Message

7 months ago

SAME SAME SAME.  This is so frustrating.  I can't add anything to the complaints.  I have two account numbers, two addresses, and I can't set the second internet account up.   It keeps saying I have internet at my first address.  Yes, I want to link accounts, but when I try to follow the instructions, different computer and phone and browsers, I get errored out.  Set up a new xfinity id?  Can't.  XFINITY please work on this.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

We are sorry to hear about your frustrations trying to link your accounts and set up a new XFINITY ID @user_d2jdnb. Have you tried reaching out to our amazing Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team? They are experts in handling account ID concerns. They can be contacted directly at 1-888-565-4329 and their hours of operation are 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week.

1 Message

5 months ago

I'm having the same issue. when I click to "link" an account, the website never loads up and eventually gives an error. Chat isn't helpful and I can't even get anyone on the phone to help me with my issue. [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_jivung Thank you so much for letting us know that you are running into issues linking your accounts to help manage them. 

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Direct message" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here