Sofiasmom's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 17th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Can't get to email account since Windows 10 Security Issue

I can no longer get to my "myxfinity" page or sign into my email account when on my desktop which runs on Windows 10. This started the day it was announced that there was a major security issue and a patch was sent. When I try to sign in, the page times out and I get a message that the URL address I'm trying to reach has a security issue. I called Comcast and got NOWHERE after being on the phone for 40 minutes. He told me to go to a store location. With what? Bring my PC? 

I am able to access via mobile and tablet, so it definitely is the PC/security issue. What can I do...can someone please help me???

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I'm glad to report I finally was able to get back into my email and to the login page. I just rebooted my modem. I have no idea why that worked...but it did. For anyone else having issues, I hope this helps. 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, I will try this when I get home. I'm using Chrome like most people do, but if I need to I'll try Edge or Firefox. Stay tuned and thank you!

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

Are you able to get in through this link?

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite 

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

Try clearing the browser cache and cookies, close the browser, reopen and try logging in again. My Windows 10 is updated as of last night, and I haven't had any issues logging in with Edge or Firefox.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

No, I tried that last night and still got the same issue. I know it has to be the Windows 10 issue, I'm able to access it here at work and we are running on Windows 7 Professional.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, I just tried your suggestions and it didn't work. I thought it was going to when I first tried to access the login site, but then it went blank and again said that it couldn't reach the site. I tried Firefox also and that completely hung up my computer?? I don't understand why I can access any website I want except for Xfinity...I'm so frustrated right now.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@Sofiasmom wrote:

I'm glad to report I finally was able to get back into my email and to the login page. I just rebooted my modem. I have no idea why that worked...but it did. For anyone else having issues, I hope this helps. 

Glad that worked for you. It's not working for me. I tried it at my office. No change. Tried it at home, no change. Very frustrating. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@rightfooted wrote:

Are you able to get in through this link?

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite 

This link loads for me but I cannot actually sign in to my account. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having this same issue on multiple computers running Windows 10. It just started in the last couple of days. I can access it on my Chromebook, iPad and even the Chrome app on my Android devices. 

How does this get fixed?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry my fix didn't work for you. It's so frustrating when you can't get an answer from Xfinity and you are just flapping out here in the wind trying anything you can. I hope you can find a resolution. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!
I was having the same issue in Windows 10 Pro! Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and even Internet Explorer could not open https://connect.xfinity.com , but could open any other website. Also could not connect to Comcast IMAP server to download mail in Thunderbird, Outlook, or Windows Mail!!

I tried resetting my network settings, uninstalling anti-virus software, temporarily disabling the firewall, changing the DNS servers, power cycling the modem, power cycling the WiFi system. Android devices, a Chromebook, and even another Windows 10 computer on the same network could access that page with no issues. 

BUT I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! I was about to give up, but I decided to check my network card in device manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Same problem. I tried searching for an updated driver (using the built in button) and nothing came up, even though the date was a few years old (my card is the "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"). I went to Realtek's website and found a new Windows 10 driver from 2020, installed it and immediately IMAP started working and I could now access the xfinity webmail address!

This was really frustrating and nowhere on the Internet forums or help/troubleshooting guides did anyone ever mention trying to update the NIC drivers. So, if you are seeing this problem and you've not had any luck restoring your access, try updating your NIC drivers! I hope this helps someone else who has been stuck with no access to their Comcast/Xfinity email 🙂

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here