RichardWG's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 18th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Can't access my account on my.xfinity.com or MyAccount app

I can log in to the website and app, but I get errors in both, and can't do anything more.  On my.xfinity.com, I get the error "Sorry, This Isn’t Working Right Now
Please reload the page and try again."  If I try the MyAccount app on iPad, I get the error "You are logged in but we are unable to access your account details.  Would you like to try again?".  Resetting the password does not help.  I have tried on multiple browsers and devices, so the problem is not specific to my PC.

I have called Xfinity for support, and both times was told the case would be escalated, and they would call back the next day.  I have not received the promised call back.

I've been paying my bill on-line for a long time, and it just quit working.  The only thing that changed was that I was forced to set up two-step authentication, and I had some trouble with that.  I mistakenly gave it my old land line number, which can't get texts.  Since then, I changed it to my mobile number, and I am getting texts from Xfinity for authentication codes.

I understand that a discussion forum like this is not intended to be formal support, but XFINITY SUPPORT IS NOT PROVIDING ANY HELP.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

After two weeks and many hours on the phone with Xfinity support, the problem is solved.  There was something wrong/corrupt in the Xfinity billing system or its database.  Unfortunately, I was not able to get a clear answer on what the technical problem or solution was.  All I know is that Xfinity fixed it on their end, and there was nothing wrong with my devices, browsers, app versions, etc.

The support person who taked with me said they would document the problem and solution so they can better help other customers.  I guess we won't know until someone else calls it in.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks @RichardWG, it seems like there is a database configuration mismatch in your case, I'm asking the database and the devOps teams to review and see if this was potentially causing the issue for others (there are a lot of differing teams that make up the sign-in + platform (E.g. my account) experience).

It's important we get to root cause to understand what triggered it to prevent it from happening again, thanks!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Help I cannot log in either. I am getting the same error message. This is not working reload. I know my password and username is correct. How do I get this fixed

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello, user_ddb828! I'm so sorry to hear you're having login issues with Xfinity My Account. You're reached the right place and my team will be happy to help get this resolved for you. Would you please send me a private message so we can look into this together? Please include your first and last name as well as complete service address in your message. Thank you and I look forward to working with you soon!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue. I updated my email address to my personal address, and all of a sudden, we received the news that Xfinity could no longer use the autopay option; that we needed to update our preferred email info. I tried accessing xfinity.com/myaccount, and it just keeps giving me a floating ellipses...for hours. I was able to get in and see that my preferred email had successfully been changed to my personal email address, but that I now no longer have a comcast email address, and when I tried to create one (because I apparently have to have one), I once again experienced the floating ellipse. Ugh! HELP!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! Please send me a private message with your name and service address by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page so I can look into this log-in issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here