U

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 7:32 PM

Cannot setup email accounts on my Samsung phone.

A couple of days ago, I noticed my email was not syncing with my Samsung Phone or my Samsung Tablet.  However, it is syncing with Outlook on my laptop.  I’m also able to log in online with no issues.  Today, I tried deleting my two Comcast email accounts from both my tablet and phone and re-added them.  It worked just fine with my tablet and my emails are up to date now, but I was unable to re-add my accounts on my phone.  I keep getting the error message.  “Couldn’t connect to your account.  Check your account and server information, then try again.  I’m using IMAP and the same settings as used by my tablet, which is working fine now.  I’ve tried clearing the cache and data and rebooted the phone several times.  Nothing works.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

22 days ago

I am also having the same issue - since none of the previously suggested steps work, I am not going to bother going through those steps. Please get this resolved as this is quite annoying. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

jlveno Thank you for your understanding. Have you tried access your email at Xfinity.com? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes, and like the previous posters before me, I am able to access my email on the web. It's very annoying that it's not able to be accessed through the Samsung Email App. When do you expect this to be resolved from Xfinity (Comcast)? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

jlveno I am sorry but we do not have an ETA at this time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Is this being worked on? Or do we no longer have access to Comcast via Samsung for the foreseeable future? I've tried all these steps for the past 3 hours and no change. Getting really disappointed over here since I'm waiting for an important email and have to keep refreshing via Firefox!

Official Employee

• 

788 Messages

Hello JellyfishAndUnicorns. Please try changing your password on the Xfinity website and then accessing your email on the Samsung side.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

22 days ago

Same thing here.  Tried all recommended solutions.  Nothing works. Fix the problem already [Edit: Inflammatory]!!!

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

22 days ago

Same issue of failure to synch in android devices.  Previously had noted the slow to synch and slow to download images.  Tried the account and app removal and reinstall and get the error others have describe, "Couldn't verify account.  Couldn't connect to your account.  Check your account and server information, then try again."

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

Thank you for reaching out here @Wayfarer9668. There is a known issue with that service on the Android devices that our engineers are working to correct as quickly as possible. There will be a solution posted here as as soon as they have resolved the issue. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

maybe email us the solution?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

22 days ago

I have the same issue, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, last sync was at 1:12 AM, I also noticed that the syncing was taking longer and longer each time after the last Samsung update, I cleared the cache many times, it work to allow the app to sync, but not anymore since 1:12 this morning, I have also done all of the steps provided, nothing works. 

Thank you.

7 Messages

You have to install the x app for the 2 part authentication then go ahead add your email the x app will ask you to deny or approve this worked for me.

1 Message

22 days ago

Hello - experienced the same thing, email not synching on my Samsung Galaxy since last night. Have followed the instructions provided above, yet not being successful at restoring email access. After logging in successfully into XFinity.com, I get "Authenticated" confirmation, follow by "Couldn't verify account - Couldn't connect to your account. Check your account and server information, then try again." I tried Manual setup, both POP3 and IMAP, but to no avail. Any suggestion to rectify the situation is welcomed. Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_te896a. There is a known issue with that service on the Android devices that our engineers are working to correct as quickly as possible. There will be a solution posted here as as soon as they have resolved the issue. 

1 Message

22 days ago

Enter password first when setting up. Then email. Worked for me.

Regular Visitor

• 

21 Messages

22 days ago

My Galaxy Zfold4 stopped syncing with Comcast emails at 01:14 June 10, 2024.  My Windows/Outlook and Linux/Thunderbird machines work fine.  Is this a Comcast or Verizon issue?  I'm using IMAP with the Samsung email app.

(edited)

2 Messages

22 days ago

Same issue here...tried everything suggested.  Ok if I log into my comcast email on laptop. Please post a solution.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_zka6zn You may also want to try changing your password and then try the steps that others have indicated has provided some positive results. If it still doesn't work, our team is working with Android to resolve the conflict that is causing the error to take place and we hope to have a solution very soon.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

22 days ago

Very frustrating!!! Sometimes the POP email will work but really need the IMAP functionality!

1 Message

22 days ago

I'm having the same problem.  This is [Edit: Language].  Can't receive or send any emails from my Samsung Galaxy S21 phone.  This happened once before a year ago, I had to go to xfinity store to get fixed.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_2ngceu, Thank so much for your patience. We understand how important it is to access those emails using the Samsung email app. While we work to get this fixed, have you checked on if you are able to access the emails directly from our webmail site?

2 Messages

22 days ago

I am having the same issue and now can not reinstall ..... keeps saying Cannot connect to your account...... PLEASE FIX THIS .... 

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

@user_q13ett Can you try removing the email account from your phone, restart the phone, and then try to re-add it? The restart in the middle helps delete store data and preferences.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

the password field is no longer in the account settings in the Galaxy email-app. the app takes me to an xfinity prompt for login -- which then bounces back to a "sserver settings" error.  maybe it's best if we only receive suggestions fromXfinity employees who have an Android phone and can actually test their suggestions before posting

Regular Visitor

• 

21 Messages

22 days ago

OK, this is very disconcerting.  When trying to verify the existing incoming server settings, I receive the following error message "Couldn't verify account"  "Unable to connect to server (#24#["NO",["ALERT"].
Temporarily blacklisted IP Address - try again later"]).  So is Comcast blacklisting their own IP addresses or in my case Verizons or Samsungs?????

(edited)

2 Messages

22 days ago

This is ridiculous..you take away your own email app and then wont let third party apps get into the email..this is not the first time.  get it together.

5 Messages

22 days ago

Tried reinstall adding password first as suggested by a few others on this post.  Yes that worked in allowing the email account to be added back onto phone & synced - but syncing only lasted for about 10 min. then stopped syncing again - so NO this does not fix the issue either.  At this point nothing tried is or has worked.  Comcast will need to FIX this error - this same issue happened about a year ago or less and they had to fix.  Very frustrating indeed!

7 Messages

How do you add password first as I deleted my e mail.acvount on samsung and now trying to set back up. I get ip  blacklisted on thunderbird

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Howdy user_rq6x2y, is there any pending updates for the device on the app or OS level? Thank you so much for looping us in. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

where did you do that? 

5 Messages

@user_ykijj1​ - When you click on ADD ACCOUNT - as you know it takes you to type of account tiles to choose from - click the one you need- it will then take you to the screen with a space for email address & a space for password.  Just TYPE in the password space FIRST then type in the email.  This will get your acct back on your phone and do an initial sync - but it DOES NOT fix the on going sync issue.  

5 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ I have Android (Galaxy S10) and there are NO pending updates to be installed that I am aware of.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

22 days ago

The repeated requests about checking xfinity site for your email are frustrating--yes email is accessible via the xfinity web page as well as my Windows 10 outlook app.  The problem seems to be android devices and in particular samsung email.  I have also tried outlook for android and it seems marginally better though unreliable.   Sometimes it works while samsung app doesn't and sometimes it too requires you to delete/re-add etc.  Others may have tried additional apps, I do not know.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Re-adding my Comcast account by typing the password FIRSt (therefore not involving the installed Xfinity app) got my Comcast email working again. Fresh sync from Outlook.com also, we'll see how long it lasts. Been sketching g syncing for a week or more.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here