J

Friday, July 26th, 2024 6:30 PM

Account Recovery for Deceased Account Holder

My dad was the primary account holder for our family comcast email and has passed away. The recovery email associated with the account is his personal email that I can’t access and the phone number associated with the account has been disconnected since his passing. Can someone assist me with logging into the account? Myself or my mom may be able to verify other details of the account.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

@jqyquel7

Thanks for reaching out, my condolences go out to you and your family. Is the account still active or is the acount been disconnected and you just need access to the e-mail?

3 Messages

The account is still active. Although I know the password I just can’t log in because it does the two-step verification, and the only options for verification are inaccessible.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password

Has great information on how to reset your password. If you are the Primary user on the account and you don't have a mobile phone number or a personal (non-Comcast) email address to provide, you can reset your password using your service address, Social Security number (SSN), and birth date if you're using your at-home Xfinity Internet connection and aren’t connected to VPN.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Unfortunately we don’t have Xfinity home internet, we have AT&T, so this won’t work

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

jqyquel7 We can check in to see if there is another option. If not, then the primary account holder has to make the changes. I am not sure we have a way to go around that. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here