D

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 11:34 PM

Account help

Hello,

I recently relocated from Maryland to Pennsylvania and couldn't transfer my service because my new apartment had the XFinity Gateway already pre-installed. So I created a new account and closed my old account but when I created my account at my new apartment it opened two separate accounts for the same address. I called and asked back in February for that extra account to be closed since I'm already paying on the other account under the same address. The account is still showing and the balance is still being added to even after it was asked for this extra account to be closed. How do I go about getting this resolved as every time I call the customer service number I get rerouted to the virtual assistant which I do not want help from. I would like to speak to an actual person about the issue but can't get anyone on the phone.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

16 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

15 days ago

Hello,

I recently relocated from Maryland to Pennsylvania and couldn't transfer my service because my new apartment had the XFinity Gateway already pre-installed. So I created a new account and closed my old account but when I created my account at my new apartment it opened two separate accounts for the same address. I called and asked back in February for that extra account to be closed since I'm already paying on the other account under the same address. The account is still showing and the balance is still being added to even after it was asked for this extra account to be closed. How do I go about getting this resolved as every time I call the customer service number I get rerouted to the virtual assistant which I do not want help from. I would like to speak to an actual person about the issue but can't get anyone on the phone.

Is internet included in your lease?  If so, there was no need to create a new account.  You would need to cancel the account you created because you're already paying for an internet account through your lease.  Might want to check!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

943 Messages

15 days ago

Hello @donald_w23, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here