U

Thursday, March 14th, 2024 9:48 AM

Xfinity and Alexa announcements

I have Xfinity home security. I connected migrated the system into Alexa. I wanted tye system to announce when someone was at the door or if there was motion. The only time that the system has made the announcements is when we are watching the downstairs tv and in is on cable. If we watch cable on another tv, the tv is off, or we are on the tv in anything  other than cable , the announcements are not made.  All the settings have been set and  and devices selected. Is there anything that can be done to make this more consistent ?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

3 months ago

@user_9lq4rd I am sorry to hear the announcements have not been working. Have you rebooted your system since making the changes to the settings?

2 Messages

Yes I have.  The problem is intermittent. Not sure what else to try. Could it be software related?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

3 months ago

@user_9lq4rd When you mean you are on something other than cable do you mean streaming on an app or watching using a DVR? If you are not on the X1 platform you wouldn't get a notification. The link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/add-change-rules-mobile-app-secure is helpful with making sure the rules you have set up do not have any limits on days or times. Have you checked that all days and times are selected in your rules?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here