U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 20th, 2022 3:07 AM

Closed

Stop camera notification when home

How do I stop the camera from notifying me that I moved? Is there a way to turn the notifications off when I am home, or in stay mode?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@ user_db2dbc- Great question! You can turn Motion Notifcations on or off using the Xfinty app. It's simpy and easy in a few quick steps, here is how.
Sign in to the Xfinity app.
Select the Security tab.
Scroll down to the desired camera or video doorbell and select the camera thumbnail.
On the camera screen, select the gear icon on the upper-right.
Select Notifications.
Select the On/Off switch to turn on notifications.

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

1 year ago

Does that mean that each time you arm away or stay that you must again go to the Xfinity app and turn the camera notification to ON? I wish there was a rule that could be created under the automation of the Home app to have notifications for outdoor cameras when in Armed Away mode or Armed Night mode. That’s two different apps we are talking about now, the Xfinity app security tab is used mainly by customers that self monitor their cameras, but those of us that pay the monthly fee don’t have an option under automation. The closest thing I could find was a rule for my oldest camera which is an iCamera. None of my XCams have the option of setting up a rule in automation for the Home app. 

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

Hello @Lkpolo I hope I am following you correctly on this comment for setting rules. If you have the rule customized you should not need to turn the notifications off and on in the app. Personally I would never remember to turn them back on! But it seems that you can create a rule and customize it to be for specific system statuses. I am following the details here, but it does say that the customization is not the same for each rule. I do not currently have our Xfinity Home service, or I would happily toggle through the options and help you find the exact path. From what I read the rule for the iCamera are grandfathered since systems have been upgraded, but for the new rule settings you would click the + option in automation and from there select the rules that you want, not from the specific device. It's always easier to help another navigate these things when you can walk through step by step. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

To clarify - Automations (also called "Rules") are included in the Xfinity Home app.  We do offer some Rules for our legacy iCamera and original xCam's, such as the ability to turn 24/7 Video recording on or off at certain times of the day.  In the Xfinity Home App, these Rules aren't available with the newer Indoor/Outdoor xCam2, Indoor xCam3, or the Xfinity Video Doorbell.   We do, however, offer Automations to send a Notification when Motion is detected on an Xfinity Home Motion Sensor.

Notifications of Motion events from Cameras are a feature of the Xfinity app (not the Xfinity Home app).  We do not yet offer the ability to turn camera notifications on or off based on things like time of day, or where you are located.  I will however pass this feedback along to the teams who are working to bring additional features to our Cameras and to the Xfinity App!

In the meantime, you may want to check your phone's settings to see if there is a feature that might help. As an example, newer iPhones have a "Focus" mode which allows you to choose to silence notifications from certain apps at specific times of the day - with this feature, you could silence Xfinity App notifications for times of the day that you know you'll usually be home.

I hope that helps!

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is ridiculous and the response is infuriating. I have been asking for the same ability to turn on/off camera depending on whether the security system is active. Xfinity’s website says that the xCam2 allows for rules but this isn’t available. How come the new models don’t allow for more functionality than previously. I am paying a stupid amount of money each month for security service and the support and product are terrible. My initial investment was over 1k on the day of installation. I regret ever signing up for their service. Feels like a scam.

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityBecker yep that is correct. I can make a rule for notifications for my lights and the older iCamera 2 in the home app but not for the Xcamera 2s that I have outside.  I would like to be able to but it seems my work around is to set notifications if I can remember from the Xfinity app on the security tab.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here