M

Sunday, January 7th, 2024 4:51 PM

Rules can’t be disabled

I have a rule to automatically arm our Xfinity home system at night every night. However, occasionally we will want to disable this rule which appears to be impossible. I’ve turned off the rule and even deleted it entirely, but without fail the alarm will automatically arm each night. Can someone please assist with this issue? 

Contributor

• 

483 Messages

4 months ago

I had this going on since just before Thanksgiving until Christmas Day. One of the techs on here escalated the issue to an advanced tech who resolved it. I think this is a server issue that only one of the Home Security advanced techs need to work on. You are the third person who had the problem that I know of, myself, my neighbor and you. I’m sure there are more people that have the problem but we don’t see it on the support forum. One of the techs will post so that you can message for help and it will get fixed pretty quickly. 

Official Employee

• 

981 Messages

4 months ago

marc241, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support! Please send us a DM with your name and full address so that we can run through some troubleshooting with you. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

4 Messages

Hello,

I have a similar problem with the OP, but in reverse.  I have some sort of "ghost automation/rule" that automatically disarms my alarm every day at a specific window of time.  I do not have any automations or rules to disarm the alarm.  This was a bit concerning when we were on vacation last week.  The alarm kept on disarming itself automatically every day at the same time.  

As a temporary fix, I created a rule to get an SMS whenever the system disarms, so I could manually arm it via the app.  But it is a bit frustrating that I have to do that daily.  I've raised this with support via the Xfinity Assistant Chat App, but they can't seem to find a solution. We've basically tried everything (rebooting touchscreen, logging in/out of app, deleting all rules, etc.) but nothing seems to work.  

Please HELP.  I am just about ready to switch to another provider but found this thread on the forum as my last resort.  

Any advice or options left?

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here