norstar's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Saturday, December 19th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

New Rules? New Home App?

It’s been nearly 3 years since XFINITY shut off access to web portal where you could do more sophisticated rules.

It’s been almost two years since XFINITY bought Stringify, an app that could do advanced home automation.

XFINITY home is the weakest link and the poorest value in my quad play right now. Please give us some hope that XFINITY home is going to see any changes in 2021.

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

Yes - new rules are still on the way!

COVID threw a monkey wrench into some of our development priorities this year, to say the least... but new rules are still on the roadmap!

As soon as I have anything concrete, I will let you know.  If you have specific feedback on new rules you'd like to see, please post them here and I will make sure to pass the feedback along!

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I would like to have the same rules that were available before.  Being able to use the door locks to arm and disarm the alarm.  More rules with the door locks. Better automation with lights.  Better integration garage door opener. Integration with arlo like was promised.  Basically, why can't the new system work exactly like the old system. It doesn't really make any logical sense why it doesn't work that way now.  I hope this will happen soon as I am seriously considering finding a new alarm company that meets my needs with automation and security. I can't stress enough how well the old system felt more robust than the new system. 

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

I’d just love to be able to do some of the rules that were in the old TV commercials (like a motion detector turning on a light, but doesn’t work with Lutron lights)

I’d love my garage door going up to be able to trigger a light, but doesn’t work with Chamberlain MyQ.

Being able to lock or unlock a door with a rule instead of just getting a notification.

Being able to close a garage door left open at a particular time (hey, it’s 1am, garage door should probably be closed).

If you are finally putting the stringify app intellectual property to use, l’ll gladly be a beta tester.

Here’s to a better 2021.

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

4 years ago

1) The old rules would let you email a picture from a specific camera at a specific time.  Still waiting for that one in the app.

2) Also would like the text notifications to tell you which sensor was triggered.  For exmple, you can have it send you a text when a motion sensor is triggered, but the text does not tell you which one.

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

Hi user1724 -

I will provide feedback on the rule for sending pictures.  In the meantime, have you checked out our new Camera Motion Push Notifications?  I know that's not the same thing, but could also prove helpful.

I just tested the Motion Sensor Notifications - I set my rule up as "Receive a text message when any motion sensor detects motion" and the name of the sensor was included in the text.  I tried for e-mail as well, and that included the name too.  If your rule is not doing that, try deleting it and re-creating it and let us know if that works!

Contributor

• 

303 Messages

4 years ago

When are we going to be able to create a rule to say turn on a light or lock a door lock when a camera detects motion?  The cameras have motion detection and can send out notices so why can't they activate another device.  We aren't suppose to use the motion detectors outside.  Seems like this would be an easy fix.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here