U

Friday, January 19th, 2024 2:51 AM

Closed

Xfinity tries to charge for the mobile service I never used

Hello. At the beginning of the August I moved to the new place and decided to continue using Xfinity Internet. I chatted with support and asked them to move the Internet Service to the new location. That day I needed internet urgently and asked support to provide the Service as soon as they can. Instead they started offering me mobile Service. Support literally did not connect the Internet until I said "OK let's have your mobile service", this is so discusting. I think Xfinity should investigate support behavior. I ordered three SIM-cards, then one of my family member decided not to go with Xfinity mobile Service and I asked support to CANCEL these three SIM-cards and send me only two. Instead, I've received five of them. This was the final point, after which I asked them to CANCEL COMPLETELY the mobile Service. They just ingnored my requests and continued charging me for all 5 sim cards even though I never ever activated mobile Serivice with Xfinity. After receiving a bill I refused to pay for the service I never used and asked support three times to cancel this charge. Support promised that they will create a "special" ticket for that send me the confirmation number. But I never ever received confirmation number and was ignored. 
Writing here because support absolutely does not care and does not want to work on my case. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 months ago

Hello @user_lqb0g1, thanks for reaching out. We appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

To receive the best assistance, we recommendcalling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7. 

3 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ Hello, I chatted with Xfinity support again. I asked them to escalate my case since all the previous attempts to resolve the issue with support were failed. This time I again was promised they will call me back within 15 mins but this did not happen. Please escalate this case.

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

@user_lqb0g1 Please send us a direct message with your name and address, we will be happy to see how we can get you in touch with someone who can get this resolved. Thank you! 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

3 Messages

Thank you for your support. After direct mesagging the issue got resolved. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having the EXACT same problem. And my credit card company has closed the ticket. I paid for the first month even though the phones were never activated because I was given erroneous and fraudulent information in the hopes of getting the $300 gift card for 3 SIM cards. But WHY should I have to pay almost $200 because when I canceled the mobile account, I didn't realize the account was not canceled (ignored) until I received my next credit card statement (had to use credit card for auto billing-also a scam). The only reason they have stopped billing is because I had to cancel my credit cards! I am now considering cancelling my entire cable bill, no longer wishing to do business with such a company--paying for two months of mobile service for 3 phones which were NEVER activated. I don't need this headache. I would never argue this if I was in the wrong, but I don't know who is overseeing this company but this is not right. I need this resolved, and the additional charges reversed because it was THEIR error.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_266e2f  I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get you taken care of. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

[Edit: Inflammatory] Xfinity billing - beware of Xfinity mobile.  I had a similar experience my Amex has been charged for about $140 for monthly Xfinity mobile service I never ordered or accepted.  I have Xfinity internet but understood the mobile service was rebadged Verizon and I had bad experiences with Verizon so did not want.  This is ridiculous and seems like a BBB or FCC issue.  I paid for NOTHING.  The Mexico call center said they could not do anything, so Xfinity cannot tell when you do not accept unwanted mobile service?  I highly doubt that.  I want my money back.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello user_6n5e8w, billing issues are never fun to deal with no matter the circumstance, but I'd love a chance to look into this more with you. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here