U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 16th, 2023 1:03 AM

Closed

Xfinity Trade in [Edited]

​How many have had their phone stolen by the Xfinity Assurant trade in [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to our team here @user_240840  Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7? That team would be able to assist you with any issue with the Mobile service.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ 

Try to talk to these customer service people yourself.

I spent hours talking to them on the phone and on the chat. Each agent told me something else.

Assurant received my trade in on March 13 and today is April 24 and I still didn't get the 550$ promotional credit for the phone. The xfinity mobile customer service was not helpful at all. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

My trade in phone was delivered two months ago. Still waiting. I filed to FCC.

There were several posts about this. They are deleted by now.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same problem. Sent my phone back in mid March. Xfinity support claims they have no idea. Assurant claims they don't deal with trade ins. Only warranty. 

Very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I can definitely understand the aggravations and frustrations you must be having, @user_5d9fc8. You stated you have reached out to Xfinity Support. Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7? That team would be able to assist you with any issue with the Mobile service.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB​ First time they referred to Assurant which has a phone system that kicks you out unless you have an account for insurance on a line.  Second time they promised to call back.  My solution will either involve removing Xfinity cable plant crossing over my property or going to the Assurant call center and removing their connectivity to the internet.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Same here. I have exactly the same problem

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Scam truthful, promise something, take one's property without compensation through trickery.  Bet I could get a states attorney generals office to call this a scam

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

XFINITY TRADEIN SCAM

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

https://www.assurant.com/partner-with-us/mobile-device-lifecycle-management/trade-in-and-upgrade-program

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here.  Assurant received my trade in on March 13 according to the USPS tracking number. I called xfinity and spent hours on the chat and on the phone and every agent told me something else.

I'm supposed to get 550$ in promotional credit.

I can't even talk to Assurant about this trade in because I reach an automated response that asks for my phone number. Even when I talk to a person from Assurant they transfer me to that number.

It is certainly a scam.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_c41760​ 

I called  1-800-358-0600. it's assurant number

Then I talked to a person and was transferred to xfinity.

The xfinity person was able to escalate the issue and I will get the trade in promotion in 10 working days.

I will update when I actually get the promotion.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I called in and this number somehow does not work (it seems like a home insurance number). After that, they transferred me to a mobile department and after I entered my phone number, it got disconnected. Hmm

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_c41760​ did you receive you check?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I got a case number and after two weeks received the promotion credit for the Samsung Galaxy S23. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Wow this was a thing! 

I mailed in my phone around early March and got an email from Xfinity my phone is being shipped to them. Ever since I have not got a single update from the system. However, I have been calling frequently to see what's happening. They told me that the phone is arrived and needed to get inspected. I waited. Then, after multiple calls (probably about six weeks after), one agent told me "congratulations," saying the phone passed the inspection and the 800 dollar credits would be applied over the next 24 months. A month later from that, the new statements came in with no credits. I called them today, and they say they never received the phone and asked me for all tracking numbers and offer numbers; I felt like I was trying to scam them, not the other way around. I was so surprised and shocked about their processes and googled Xfinity trade-in scam, and this thread popped up. Wow, wow! Good job, Xfinity, for trashing your customers, as always. 

For the past couple of years, every time I called the Xfinity customer service. They always say the problem is solved but, it does not get solved at all until you call back multiple times (e.g., disconnecting a line or adding a line). Nonetheless, this is the biggest headache they created so far. I will be so mad if Xfinity replies to this post and ask "have you tried calling or texting to Xfinity?" Yes!! For the past months over the phone wasting several hours and hours! (so here is my answer to the expected question) 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_363d7a​ 

Xfinity is truly amazing. On the phone call, they always give me a solution that does not work at all all the time (e.g., giving me a phone number that does not work, or telling me that they escalated this issue to a higher department and will call me back in an exact hour (no call back)). If you are reading this, be aware; it is a massive scam.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hey there, @user_363d7a, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sad to hear you've been having a hard time with getting the credits from your trade-in, that is never the experience we want to hear. 

Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. I understand you have already tried to resolve the issue by calling in, have you also had the opportunity to work with our Xfinity Mobile Chat team? They are available 24/7.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I filed both FCC and BBB complaints today. I will keep you all posted. This madness has to end. What a waist of time. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

It happened to me. 

I traded in my Galaxy S22 for 800 credit towards a new phone. 

They have my phone and refuse to give me the credit. It has been 9 weeks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_8e4b17 Thank you for reaching out. While our team can help with a wide variety of concerns, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform--this includes billing, sales, device questions, etc. For all Xfinity Mobile-related questions please contact Xfinity Mobile by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reach out to a Secure Online Chat. (https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_8e4b17​ contact the Better Business Bureau. I was able to resolve my issue within 48 hrs of making a complaint.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thank you for the advice. I am running into the same situation. If Xfinity cannot resolve it in a timely manner, I will file a complaint at BBB.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_ed29d8, thank you for taking the time to post on our Xfinity Forums. I am sad to hear you are experiencing issues with your Xfinity Mobile trade-in. Have you had the opportunity to reach out to our Xfinity Mobile experts? They can be reached in various ways, including text and phone at 1-888-936-4968 and chat.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I’m having the same problem.  I’ve called many times and get the run around.  I agree with contacting the BBB.   69 days from the time I sent my trade in and no trade credit.   

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here