B

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 8:55 PM

Xfinity Theft and Fraud

Xfinity Mobile has been charging me for over a year for a line that was cancelled and ported.
I started service with Xfinity Mobile on October 31, 2021. I had 2 numbers with Xfinity mobile. I cancelled service with Xfinity Mobile on July 5, 2023. I cancelled service in 2 ways. First, I ported both phone numbers from Xfinity Mobile to Google Fi on 5 July of 2023. Second, I called to ensure all services were cancelled on July 11, 2023. I was able to confirm both of these facts on a phone call with Mony, a supervisor in the mobile billing department on a phone call dated 13 July 2024. In addition, I have records showing dates and times the numbers were ported to Google Fi. Xfinity's website asks for customers to not call after cancelling a line. It states that porting the phone number to an outside company is enough. See below...

"If you're leaving Xfinity Mobile for another carrier, you can begin service with your new carrier. Nothing else to do. When you transfer your number, your Xfinity Mobile service will automatically be canceled."

Xfinity admitted fault for not cancelling the account like they were supposed to, but refused to provide a full refund. Xfinity processed a refund for $235.46, which is over $600 short of the almost $900 they stole from me.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

2 months ago

BobWDisabledVet, This is not the experience we want for our Xfinity Mobile customers. I would like to help. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in thetoline and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

10 Messages

I already contacted Xfinity.  I tried the chat first and they told me I had to call.  I called and they refused to issue me a full refund.  I talked to a representative on the billing department and a supervisor.  I spent over an hour on the phone.  

Please explain exactly how it would help for me to do it all again?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here