U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 9:25 PM

Xfinity Scammed me

I recently found out xfinity has been charging extra for a device I bought in the store to activate (iPhone 11) I was informed at the store that I was unable to use this device under them bc my device was sim locked by previous carrier I had, so I opted into ordering a brand new iPhone 14 Pro from them. Upon receiving my iPhone 14 Pro and activating it Xfinity unknowingly to my surprise had added my non-operable iPhone 11 as a line on my mobile billing. At first it was $10 added onto my bill so i obviously wouldn’t have noticed it but after adding another phone on my line I noticed it said 3 lines active so I spoke with an xfinity agent who said they’d remove the iPhone 11 off the account meanwhile I never knew I was being charged for that device monthly. So fast forward some time down the line I add a tablet onto my plan at the Xfinity store. I was informed that the iPhone 11 line was still open on my account. I asked them to remove it bc I was informed by another individual that the iPhone 11 wasn’t compatible to be used by Xfinity. They confirmed it was probably a mistake on their end. Months later I notice my mobile billing has been higher than normal so I do my research and find out I was being charged for the iPhone 11 line which in fact was never activated under Xfinity. I spoke to Xfinity multiple times and they are telling me there’s nothing they can do to help me other than remove the device off my account which I was told was done on 3 different occasions and add an Apple Watch for an additional $6 a month. The excess amount of money and time wasted is ridiculous. The lack of American support text support representatives and phone support representatives wasn’t a help at all either. 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 months ago

user_938efe This isn't the experience we want any customer to have, and my team can help. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here