ua100k's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2023 4:09 PM

Closed

Xfinity not unlocking my phone

The help section says this phone will be unlock as soon as it is paid off. It was never unlocked even though I kept getting messages from Xfinity Mobile that I can upgrade and my phone was paid off.

I have put in a request to have the phone unlocked. Still locked 7 days later. 

On the help screen there is no tel to call and the chat agents give you the standard line - file a ticket or it should be unlocked. When ask them for  number to call, you get the standard xfinity number and have to punch through long line of questions, none of which say device management or anything close. And then the wait is 20 to 30 minutes.

Anyone know how to get this company to unlock your phone? without waiting for 6 months?

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

2 years ago

@ua100k Hello, thanks for reaching out to us. Were you able to get the phone unlocked or did you still need assistance with that?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

They're doing the same to me. Nothing but lies rom customer service.

Contributor

• 

162 Messages

1 year ago

[Edited: Soliciation] Calling them has turned into such a nightmare I flipped out on someone last week and told them that I'm going to start sending them the hospital bills for my anxiety attacks. But why you thought your phone would be unlocked immediately after it was paid off is beyond me... no carrier will ever unlock a phone unless you ask them to. Do not call them and say "I'm leaving" or "I'm switching carriers", that'll just guarantee you never get an unlock code. Last week I had them unlock a phone and they wanted to know why... I don't owe them an explanation! But if you feel like you need to say something say you're leaving the country and need to use a prepaid SIM.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@tuffigirl​ 

...But why you thought your phone would be unlocked immediately after it was paid off is beyond me... no carrier will ever unlock a phone unless you ask them to. 

i'm not a big fan of XM's customer service, but recently soon after i made the final payments on 2 iPhones purchased from XM, i received an email for each phone/line informing me the phones had been unlocked...no request to unlock was submitted by me...i was pleasantly surprised as i had been expecting a long frustrating process to get the phones unlocked, but it was a complete shock to see XM be proactive

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

GOOD NEWS: It looks like XM just updated their Unlock Policy on June 12th, 2023:

If you need to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone, so it can be used with another wireless carrier, no problem. In most cases, your phone will be unlocked automatically within 48 hours of being paid off.

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligible-to-unlock-phone

What we don’t know is whether XM is searching for and automatically unlocking phones that should have been unlocked months or years ago. Also, be aware that they may not unlock the phone until your CC is charged which is 20 days after the latest billing?

They cannot unlock a phone that is no longer active and linked to your account and XM servers. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here