U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 22nd, 2023 1:36 PM

Closed

Xfinity mobile will not unlock your phone

My husband and I paid off our phones over a year ago. Xfinity never unlocked his phone and now that we are switching to another provider due to a new location that does not allow for Xfinity internet we had no choice to switch services since we cannot bundle anymore. However, my husband did the switch on the 18th and now the 22nd we still do not have his code. He has been without a phone this whole time! We have talked to numerous people via chat and over the phone. Spent over an hr on the weekend, talked to 3 people to than request escalation to a supervisor, was on hold for soooo long we ended up just hanging up the phone and spending $200 on a used unlocked phone because we are sure this company will NEVER provide the code. That is against the law according to the Federal Communications Commission and will be reporting this to the better business bureau. Xfinity not only owes me money for being stuck using their phone services to keep one line on their plan until my husband can switch with his new unlocked phone, but the funds we spent to get him a new phone that is already unlocked. We shouldn't have to speak with 7+ people for multiple days to be told different things. 24 hrs, another 24-48 hrs, oh you will have it in an hr, oh sorry that is 24 business hrs you will have it by the second, next day no code, call- sorry someone did it wrong you will have it in another 24 hrs, next day NOTHING! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_3dd48d, we can certainly understand the urgency of getting this issue resolved. We can certainly help to make sure this gets addressed. Please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message
Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I'm experiencing the same thing. It's been nothing but lies from customer service.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here