U

Saturday, July 29th, 2023 2:57 PM

Closed

Xfinity mobile wanted me to continue paying deceased husband phone payments

When I called Xfinity customer service, I was told that they cancel my deceased husband account and waive the device balance if the phone was returned to them. I was told to bring the phone to the Xfinity store with my husband's death certificate. When I took the phone to the Xfinity store, the customer service there refused to process the return with very cold attitude. I called Xfinity again and the agent created a ticket and asked me to wait 24 hours for a return label. Next day, no return label. I contacted an agent via chat. The agent made sure that I receive a return label within 24 hours. Two days later, no return label from Xfinity. I contacted an agent via chat again this morning. The agent was not helpful and could not solve the problem. How can I return the phone?  

Official Employee

• 

743 Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @user_6410c9! I am so sorry to hear about your experience with getting the device returned, and everything resolved with the phone. We will ensure to get everything resolved with the return label and everything Please send us a DM to get started! 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

I am having the same issue. No one at xfinity has been helpful. I was told to give it to the store store refused to take it. I stood there in the verge of tears talking to xfinity on the phone and the store while they both told me conflicting things. I made them talk to each other and got no where. We can not be the only people that this has happened to. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there and welcome to Comcast, @noelat. I am sorry to hear you have not had a great experience with our mobile team. You are in the right place and we would like to get this addressed. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I am still dealing with this now. I have followed your directions and nothing. They are telling me I only had 14 days. To send back the phone. You finally sent me a label and now say you won’t take it back. But you have it 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

I am sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to me and the device couldn’t be returned because it was in a car fire where I lost my daughter and both grandchildren. I did the death certificate and was actually treated very well. I was overcharged by $250 a month since 02/2023. So if you like you could message me on Facebook Amy [Edited: "Personal Information"] is my name.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

1 Message

10 months ago

Hi my friend just lost her 17-year-old daughter to a horrific car accident and she has Xfinity mobile and she owes money on the account and also on the phone she is an emotional wreck and very distraught over this loss so we're just wondering is there anything that can be done about the bill and if so what are the steps that we need to take to get this taken care of for her

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_n29bg9. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear of your friend's loss and completely understand the difficulties they are facing during this tough time. It's wonderful they have a friend like yourself that is willing to help with while they grieve. 

Due to account security if you're not an authorized manager on the account, you wouldn't be able to help with any account specific requests: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/primary-and-secondary-accounts. 

Our options are limited with Xfinity Mobile over Xfinity Forums, we are unable to help with account requests here. Our dedicated Xfinity Mobile experts are available by calling or texting 1-888-936-4968 or through the Xfinity Mobile assistant: 

https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile. When reaching out I would see if there is an amnesty option for the device/balance, or a payment arrangement option. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 months ago

Going through this right now with my mom’s phone. Just left the store where they told me that they couldn’t accept the phone return because it had been more than 14 days. Very frustrating and makes me want to reconsider using Xfinity for any service. Did the original poster or anybody else that is in this scenario actually get help from Xfinity people? Thanks and sorry to everybody in this thread that has lost family and friends. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

No help at all. They finally sent me a label but said that I will still be charged for the phone

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hi there, @noelat. I am sorry to hear that this issue has not been resolved. Are you still working with the Xfinity Mobile chat or phone/text team or are things at a standstill since you were told it was past the 14 day return period?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

Same issue. Xfinity is such a large company that they do not have a department for this. I am still battling with them. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here