Bob137's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Wednesday, September 6th, 2023 4:30 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile Voicemail is broken

No audio, no notifications, no alerts, sometimes no transcriptions, and in my case, Tier 2 support has missed two ETA commitments to restore normal functionality. Horrendous reviews on the Google Play Store over the last month or so. What's going on in Xfinity-land?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

1 year ago

You may need to do some housekeeping on your voicemail as there are some limits that may have been reached when you were not connected to the network?

First, clean out the voicemail on the network server by pressing and holding “1” and then listening to all new and saved messages and deleting them appropriately. 

Next, clean up the voicemail on your phone by fully listening to each unopened or not fully transcribed messages, etc. 

Good Luck!

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Xfinity Tier 2 support has accepted responsibility for the issue. They just need to act.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @Bob137. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums, our options with Xfinity Mobile are limited, but I do want to ensure you're able to get your Xfinity Mobile voicemail issue resolved. Have you recently attempted to contact our awesome Xfinity Mobile experts to check for an update on the request by calling or texting 1-888-936-4968, or visited the Xfinity Mobile assistant: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

I raised this issue with first-level tech support around Sep 4, who, after consulting with Tier 2 support, said the issue would be resolved on their end in 3-6 hours. It was not, So I called back, was connected with Tier 2 support, was told that there was an issue with the device identification on my account, and that the voice mail issue would be resolved on Xfinity's end within an hour. It was not. I called in a 3rd time to insure the device identification (IMEI on two phones/lines) was corrected. This was again on Sep 4 IIRC.

As of today (Sep 13), the issue remains unresolved.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I am sorry to hear that the issue remains unresolved, @Bob137. We appreciate that you shared exactly what has happened so far so we can best help. Since you have reached out multiple times and the issue is still present, I would like to open a special ticket that we have to have the Xfinity Mobile team contact you regarding this issue.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

11 months ago

I have the same problem since the Sept 1, 2023 update. Lost audio. Was able to recover transcript by turning off, then on again, then restarting phone. I've called 3 times with no resolution. Four hours of wasted time.  

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @Bob137! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us on Forums letting us know you're also experiencing issues with your Voicemail. Since Xfinity Mobile support on social media is currently limited, and we only have access to help with general questions about pricing, service offers, and basic troubleshooting available on xfinitymobile.com, have you attempted to reach out to that department via one of the other support methods (text or chat)? 

For the best assistance, please contact our Xfinity Mobile support center through any of the following methods: 

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

11 months ago

Here's is the resolution to the Xfinity Visual Voicemail functionality issue - delete it entirely and install YouMail https://play.google.com/store/search?q=youmail&c=apps

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

Thanks for the recommendation. Until Xfinity software engineering corrects the problem caused by the Sept 2023 update, sounds like a good solution. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here