U

Tuesday, September 26th, 2023 2:23 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile Verification??

I have been a customer of Xfinity for 7 years. I tried to move my phone service to Xfinity Mobile and was told they needed "verification". I talked to the person who asked my address and my name. He then said no questions populated so they can't process the order. When asked why, he told that he can't do anything and that I needed to call around to the credit bureaus to make sure my information is correct (it is) and make sure "nothing needed to be fixed". My order was then cancelled. 

The explanation provided was so vague it was useless "make sure nothing needed to be fixed". Also, if I am a customer of 7 years, why do you need to verify my identity? This was an absurd waste of time and if Xfinity didn't have an internet monopoly, I'd cancel my Internet service. 

Please explain why my time was wasted and why I can't be "verified". 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_b7b200. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance. Due to account security our options with Xfinity Mobile are limited, so we are unable to see any specifics of what may have caused the order to be cancelled. 

Researching I did find a great article off our website that mentioned a possibility of credit lock or freeze, and to reach out to your credit bureau: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/xfinity-mobile-eligibility. 

You can also text 1-888-936-4968 or reach out through our Xfinity Mobile assistant to get in touch with our dedicated Xfinity Mobile experts to inquiry more about the order cancellation. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Just went to the store to upgrade and had the same issue. How can I correct something if they don't even know the issue, and it doesn't appear to be one on my end??

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@Jnovicki30

I understand this may be disheartening, and we would love to help. Have you tried reviewing that site regarding a possible credit lock or freeze? https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/xfinity-mobile-eligibility. 

You can also text 1-888-936-4968 or reach out through our Xfinity Mobile assistant to get in touch with our dedicated Xfinity Mobile experts to inquiry more about the order cancellation. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

9 months ago

I faced the same issue! The xfinity online system for upgrade order does not work! Wasted lot of time - 3 orders were cancelled. I spoke to the order verification representative too: still the order got cancelled because "no questions were generated", as the representative said.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_i6cgnp Hello! We would recommend contacting our Xfinity Mobile Team to get the assistance you need. You can reach them using either of these methods:

Phone - (888) 936-4968
Chat - https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here