U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 23rd, 2023 6:09 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile trade-in value not credited - Need to escalate

I am so frustrated with my recent experience with Xfinity Mobile. I had traded-in a phone under promotion and supposed to receive $550 credited over 24 months.

I had a suspect from day-1 that the warehouse messed up the trade-in process, and I had made multiple attempts to get it resolved.

All I got so far is false promises of resolving with 24hr/within week/whatever, but it's been almost 4 months and still waiting.

How can I escalate this to higher management, so they are aware how inefficient their CSR and internal support system!!!

Here are the summary of all the events/calls happened so far.

Date

Details

02/06/2023

Order placed with Promotional Trade-In credit of $550

02/13/2023

Email received about trade-in started. To be received by 6th March by Xfinity.

03/02/2023

Shipped device. TrackingID: [Edited: Personal information]

03/04/2023

USPS tracking shows that device has been delivered around 12:16PM

03/14/2023

-          No confirmation from Xfinity about device receipt. Thus called

-          I was told that it sometime takes up to a month to process device through warehouse. Since it was not scanned through warehouse yet, no confirmation was sent.

-          Added $15 courtesy credit to account for inconvenience

04/12/2023

-          Received email from Xfinity that trade-in as been cancelled (without any explanation)

-          Contacted Xfinity and I was told that it happened to many customers due to software issue. Xfinity is working diligently to get it resolved. Should be taken care within a week.

04/24/2023

-          Rep MJ provided a case#[Edited- personal information].

-          Promised to be resolved within 1 week.

-          Promised $50 as courtesy credit (not received!!!)

05/08/2023

-          I was told that no progress made on the case. So, suggested to close the case and open another one. I opposed and showed displeasure how this are going one from Xfinity side.

-          I was transferred over to higher authority. I was applied device credit for April and May billing cycle.

-          I was told that the issue has been taken care and I will see it reflected in next bill.

05/22/2023

-          Issue is not resolved

-          One representative tried to convince me that device has been evaluated at $59.xx and I have been already created for $66.66

-          After arguing for some time, I requested to connect me to a supervisor, and he refused.

-          Hanged up, and connected to another rep

-          The lady reviewed and connected me to a supervisor

-          Supervisor said he applied the credit of $550 at backend, and will be applied within 24hr.

-          He promised to call me back when done. He also promised to credit $30 (as courtesy credit for using less than 3GB of mobile data) [No callback, neither any credit!!!]

05/31/2023

-          Since the credit didn’t show up in estimated bill, I called again

-          The represented straight away committed that it’s a mistake that the promotion was not applied, and tried to add the credit. Apparently, system didn’t accept it. He forwarded the case to his supervisor (since she left for the day), and told me to expect a call to get it settled.

-          When I asked for a timeline, I was told to wait until the end of the week.

06/09/2023

-          More than a week passed. New bill doesn’t show any device credit.

-          Contacted Xfinity mobile (Joy)

-          Joy reviewed the case details, transferred over to higher authority (Mary)

-          Mary reviewed case details. Told me that there are open cases.

-          Suggested me to contact USPS and reply to the Trade-in cancellation email. (even though I showed displeasure about wasting several hours of wastage of my time to chase this case)

-          Mary promised to follow-up with warehouse, and if not being resolved by end of billing, another device credit for the month can be applied.

-          Mary also said, Xfinity mobile can apply $500 credit for mobile customer (which is not a trade-in credit), but to do that, first warehouse has to close the case and return my old device.

-          Suggested to wait until towards end of billing and contact back to get the device credit, in case it is not resolved by then.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to our team here @user_566eed. Due to account security our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts is very limited. If you have already reached out to the Mobile team at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site and contacted them directly at the 888-936-4968 number, I can send an escalated request from here to have that team look into the issue and reach out to you. In order for me to do that I will need you to send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your residential account.

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

1 year ago

Is this resolved or you haven't received the credit yet?

4 Messages

1 year ago

Wow, what a joke. Can anyone verify actually GETTING the trade-in monthly credit at all?  Or are we all being scammed?

1 Message

@user_7e2534​ Nope, I'm in the same boat. Mine was delivered over a week ago per USPS and app still shows that I haven't sent it. In hindsight I probably should have declined the trade-in offer when I found out that the guy at the Xfinity store wouldn't accept my trade-in at the store. If this was all legit there is no reason not to look them over and accept or reject them right away.

(edited)

1 Message

Same here, I am being scammed by Xfinity. I was supposed to get $27 monthly credit and they are telling me that they have not seen any evaluation from their own department headed by assurant.  Funny/irritating thing is that they are not able to talk internally, instead asking customer to contact each department separately.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey, @user_1463e8. Thanks for your comment. Have you tried reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile team by phone, text, or chat already? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I went in to the store and the rep "GAVE" me a $600.00 trade in on a new iPhone I gave up my Smasung and I just looked 2 weeks later at my account and I was charged the full price for the phone. This is extremely troubling I would have never gave up my Smasung if I had known that this was happening. I have not called in yet but I am terrified that I am going to hear "we have no record of your trade in you are [Edited: Language]"

(edited)

2 Messages

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]; I have tried for 3 weeks to get a trade in on my old iPhone for a new one and keep getting a run around about my credit. I have an excellent credit score and have been an xfinity customer for years.  I have spent endless hours on the phone with them and in the store and no resolution. I am also having huge issues with xfinity tv service, remote, dvr, all giving me issues and again, hours on the chats and no resolution. Finally got an appointment scheduled and they canceled it!!! I am going to look elsewhere. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here