U

Saturday, September 2nd, 2023 12:17 AM

Closed

Xfinity mobile trade in issues

I'm writing with a lot of frustration and horrible customer service experience that I faced during this last month. This started with me going to a local xfinity store on July 8th and trading in my iPhone 11 with the promotion and getting a iPhone 14 plus. The trade in was $700 credit to me. Till date I have been charged 2 monthly payments as a full phone price and have been following up with multiple customer service rep and went to store also 2 times as was requested. Customer service created a ticket for my issue upon my several calls.  I came to know is that the phone purchase was not done as a trade in but rather a replacement so there is no record of my trade in ever. Upon several calls to the store manager she opened another ticket to return my trade in device by xfinity 4 days back. I felt I was lied and cheated. I have called 30 plus times to customer service and several times being call disconnected, promises of call back and provided wrong phone nos I went to store again today and store manager told she is requesting my trades in device to be returned and there is no timeline to that. This is atrocious and if you could correct it would  be greatly helpful.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Update I chatted with agent and came to know that trade in was not done as per offer and phone was shipped separately to assurant. I’m asking agent to track my phone but assurant was not open neither the website provided is priding with trade in status for my iPhone 11. Agent asked me to call at 10 am est and told customer service will connect with assurant. I’m wondering if the trade in was never done properly why would store keep quite and not let me know at the time early around the July 8th date so I could have returned iphone 14 plus right then and got my iPhone 11 back. Yesterday I was dealt very rudely by store manager and instead of apologizing for the issue I was dealt as if I’m bothering these people. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_c31970 Thank you so much for your post on your trade-in offer. This is not at all the experience we want any customer to have. We do not have direct access to your Xfinity mobile account details, but we can definitely ensure you get the assistance with this trade-in issue you need! Please send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.
Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

Trade in issues a total rip off

talked in by a sales representative working on my cable bill reduction end it up listen about a trade in program for a new phone were i will get a reduction on my cable bill as one of the benefits from the deal. my wife and i show him our devices on excellent condition and give us the OK to send it fro the trade in were will receive $700 dollars discount on each one. i get so excite and cancel all my phones with my 15 year phone provider having 0 issues in all those years. we send the old and received the new ones. everything was fine until one day i received one of the phones with a crack screen, i couldn't believed and i call infinity mobile. it was no my fault but on good faith i went to the repair shop and they replace the glass, i call and after several week and tickets they agree to take the phone. they send me a return label but they will only pay for the trade $70 dollars arguing there was no more promotion. on the other and i call to ask for the other phone credit and it has been months since they don't credit to my account. i am absolutely hopeless filling like i have been scammed by my cable company. i only hope some executive from this company one day read this and take action before a bunch of theft ruin their reputation. costumer service from this company i 0 of 5 a totally waste of time to be honest , i really need some help on this, i was paying $125 phone bill and now more than double looking to save some money. definitely i wont recommend this company and i will do anything

to let other to know my personal experience. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@user_g2mvix I would love to help. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here